Notices

DWI last night

Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you again everyone for all of your posts. It's so good to know there are people out there who understand.

Yesterday I consulted with an attorney & made an appointment for a chemical dependency evaluation. I felt a lot better yesterday, but today I'm in pieces. I don't know why I just turned the corner all of a sudden. I've just felt like crying all day, can't stop looking back at what happened instead of forward to how I'm going to change things. I keep analyzing myself & what "kind of person" I am. I feel like a little kid.

My girls are coming home tomorrow & will be with me for 5 days, but I just don't feel ready for their energy...man this is a crappy feeling. I hope I can get my thinking in order, because I know that's what's bringing me down today. It's all up to me, but it's so hard.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fizzgig View Post
I've just felt like crying all day, can't stop looking back at what happened instead of forward to how I'm going to change things. I keep analyzing myself & what "kind of person" I am. I feel like a little kid.
You're the "kind of person" who made a mistake. And you also seem to be the "kind of person" who may have a problem and is looking to do something about figuring that out either way. I know a bit about how you might be feeling - I got a DUI also, it was the first and only blemish of any sort on my record, and unfortunately there were catastrophic injuries to others involved. You can't undo this, but you can accept that it did happen, accept the consequences that may come of it, and try to move ahead. Time will help you find perspective, in the meantime, being kind to yourself may make the ordeal less brutal and allow you more energy to put to working towards putting this behind you. Best of luck to you.