SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   50 days.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/222704-50-days.html)

ImReadyToQuit 03-20-2011 04:54 PM

50 days..

2nd time ever making it past 30 days.. I'm crusing through 50 no problems.. No bumps in the road.. Just had a plan and stick to it (an enjoyable one)..

:tyou

Dee74 03-20-2011 04:55 PM

congratulations IRTQ :)

D

aasharon90 03-20-2011 05:04 PM

Finding something to do each day other
than thinking about drinking and before
you know it you will have a bunch of one
days at a time collected to get you further
down the road sober. Then pass on how
u did it to newcomers so they will know
how u stayed sober for as long as you
have. Good Job..!!!!

MsCooterBrown 03-20-2011 05:16 PM

Sober Since 1/30/11 and staying that way.

(I never had a sober date posted on here.. this is the last).

Way to go!!! Sometimes..finally..enough is enough!!!!!!!!

SomethingBetter 03-20-2011 05:19 PM

Congrats!

I have only ever went once 30 days, (28 days today) I sobered up for 86 days once then drank on Chrismas day after I was given a bottle of wine, that was Dec 2006, time just slips away...

Keep it up and watch around the corner for those crazy thoughts!

mercurial me 03-20-2011 07:38 PM

huge props!!!!

HootyHoo 03-20-2011 08:00 PM

Congratulations!!! Huge accomplishment! Glad to hear that there has been no problems! Proud of you! :You_Rock_

Impurrfect 03-20-2011 09:25 PM

Congratulations!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

CarolD 03-21-2011 02:29 AM

:funjump:

Belier 03-21-2011 02:36 AM

That is fantastic! Life just keeps getting better, well done!

ImReadyToQuit 03-21-2011 08:50 AM

I've never had much of a problem quitting.. Staying sober has been a different story.. And looking over the 20 months I was working on this, all I did was remove the alcohol from my life.. This time around I got a sponsor, I do meetings twice a week (maybe low, but its the best I can do now).. I live on SR (thats nothing new though, I've been doing that except when I would binge, I'd stay away.. lol).. My diet is excellent and I work out daily. I'm rediscovering a lot of passions for activities that I had years ago and working them in...

I hear a lot of people talk about getting bored a lot.. Idle time is the devil's playground... I don't care what it is, find things you enjoy doing and sssssssssstay busy.

The only cravings I get now are for bad foods.. And I beat those cravings. I've not had a single piece of fried food since my last drink (not even a single french fry).. Somehow I think my brain is being tricked somehow which is fine with me.. I changed my entire lifestyle, and within even the first week of doing all these things, I felt a sense of relief... A sense of the worst is behind me, and a past I will learn from, but never return to.

mercurial me 03-21-2011 05:53 PM

That's awesome news! Thanks for sharing. It sounds like part of your success is realizing you had to turn a lot of things upside-down to achieve this. I can relate to that. Keep us posted & congrats man

UniqueNewYork 03-21-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ImReadyToQuit (Post 2905313)

I hear a lot of people talk about getting bored a lot.. Idle time is the devil's playground... I don't care what it is, find things you enjoy doing and sssssssssstay busy.

This :Squat: