Notices

Products with alcohol

Old 11-20-2003, 03:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What gives you the right to say those things to me?

I was an officer, and when I walked into a room men stood up an saluted me. Do you resent that?

It's not so much that we're a hard headed proud people, but we have principles.

And with regards to my "thinking"? The very fact that you place the word in inverted commas speaks volumes to me.

Sugar coat your message however you like. It doesn't really matter to me. And again you're correct, my Aussie men were worth their weight in gold. We had this training exercise with American 'special' forces. I don't wish to big note myself but we haunted them, like white ghosts.

I know what your real message is , and I think that when I get to your age, I'll be more wise, and more mature.

And here's my sarcastic message just for you:
Old 11-20-2003, 08:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi again panadol,
You say you "were" an officer and men would stand up when you entered the room. You aren't an officer any more, you're a drunk just like me and the only reason I would stand up when you came into the room is to greet you and give you a hug. What gives me the right to talk to you like this?? 'Cause I'm a drunk just like you and I've been where you're at. Maybe you'd rather I "sugar coat" my message as if I were talking to a young kid. I think not. It's hard for me to believe I can hurt you any more with words than you've already been hurt by booze. Do I resent you being an officer? No! I think you need to climb down off that high horse you're sitting on, concentrate on not drinking, attend some AA meetings, get a sponsor and start working the steps. Make sure you pick a sponsor who won't eat any of your crap. You just might have a chance at getting sober.
I truly enjoyed my experiences with Aussie sailors and I'm sure you do have principles. I had principles too until I took that first drink. How about you?
By the way, congratulations on your week of being dry. Keep up the good work...you only have one more day to go.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A new dawn, a new day...

Hi Don,
How's it going? Well I hope!
Thinking of you.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Rotten, I have had a hard week.
There has been all kinds of problems with staff at the hospital. I had money stolen. I have been working extra hours. Surprise! I feel great. The reason is that sober I have been able to handle each problem to the best of my ability.
How are you doing? I understand that this is a hard road for us but, just try and stay focused. It has helped me to pick and choose my battles. Sometimes
for me fighting the wrong battles was a diversionary tatic. Early in recovery it is hard to believe that things will get better , and we will be a better person.
You will hear a lot of talk, here , meeting, everywhere about what I call the sience of alcoholism. Eveyone is different, and some need answers.
I am getting better and staying sober,
as "Nike" says " by just doing it. Have a great weekend. I love your comedy shows. My wife and I love " Keeping UP
Apperences". Don W
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Spirit,
You asked for a list of products with alcohol in them? Here is a short list for you: Mouthwash, Cough medicine, Aerosol Hairspray, Calgon body spray, Purell or other hand sanitizers, perfume/cologne (Eau de Toilette has more alcohol than perfume), some shampoos (Pantene), some cleaning supplies (Lysol), some soaps and lotions, vanilla or other extracts, some breathe fresheners, some room fresheners, and old juice such as orange juice that has begun to ferment, etc. If any of the first three ingredients in a product has alcohol, than it can be absorbed into your system. I found this out through a UA that came up with trace amounts of alcohol when I knew I hadn't had a drink. Disturbing huh? Hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Free2Live ....

You replied to an old thread...many of those members are
no longer here on SR....
I don't want you to be disappointed if spirit does not
answer. That question was asked in '03.

To find the date of a thread please look on the blue
line on top.... the upper left side has the date.

Welcome to SR and our Alcoholism Forum
Old 12-03-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think its a good thread

Personally I avoid marinating meat in alcohol, like steak in red wine and I dont eat chocolate that has liquer flavouring. '

Other than that though I still use all alcohol based products, perfume, mouthwash, cleaning products etc. It doesnt bother me