Notices

Coworker tried scapegoating me today

Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coworker tried scapegoating me today

I'm kind of sad they would do that on the one hand, but on the other hand I covered my ass and it was obvious to the boss I didn't mess up. Not sure what I can do except keep making sure to keep covering my ass and be polite to them.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you guys ever pray for people like this
Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ouch UNY...sorry. this happpened to me once and I never prayed for the people before bujt I think its a good idea.

"Dear Lord, please forgive E. For being a nasty unpleasant human being and help her to see the error of her ways. Amen"

Old 03-16-2011, 11:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear UNY , Hang in there by doing your best at the work. This person who tried to make you scapegoat would have already realized that his/her attempt was not successful. If you keep doing your " Karma " ( your honest acts as per your responsibility ) , no one can harm you in long run. One may succeed in short term but eventually the truth would come out. Has happened with me so many times and some times it took almost 6 months for my boss to realize that some people were manipulating me.

One last thought, the people who manipulate others lack the competence,skills and desire to work hard hence they try to achieve success with short cuts. These short cuts create pain for others and eventually the same pain returns to people who manipulate. SO if you are competent and you work hard to wards your " karma " , just leave the matters to Almighty/Higher Power/God/Nature to decide their fate. If you can pray for them, you will get more competent and you will be blessed with more success. YES , easier said than done. We keep trying. All the best.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Re:Do you guys ever pray for people like this

I pray for their conversion -mostly. I put a special emphasis on the word conversion, especially when they don't realize how their words or actions can impact others.

I'm not immune to taking the first drink, neither am I to negative emotions like anger, bitterness and resentment: That's why it's important to safeguard my serenity at all costs. I do this by forgiving my detractors, like you did, rather than allowing their negative comments or behaviors get the best of me. Great Job...

~God Bless~

:ghug3

Pray...I will. Forgive... I will also. Why you may ask? So I can feel forgiven myself...that's why.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I pray for this sort of person whenever I run across them.

I pray that they receive the same blessing that I ask for myself. That they are able to find faith so that they may put their fear to rest. I have been unable to identify a negative action/emotion in myself that was not rooted in fear at the very bottom of it.

No one should have to live in fear. Faith is the only way I have found to relieve fear.

God knows there is not enough vodka in the world to drown fear.

Works for me.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Sure do UNY (pray for them)

"Love and tolerance is our code" -- my will tells me to be mad AND get even - that's also the same mind that takes me back to my next first drink. It's best to not feed that beast.

".....and love your neighbor as yourself." -- the "process" of trying to live on a spiritual basis isn't usually too fun. The feeling we get afterward though, it's worth the price of admission.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just be glad you're not like her. It must be miserable to be the kind of person who would deliberately hurt another for her own benefit.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Originally Posted by Floridachick View Post
I have been unable to identify a negative action/emotion in myself that was not rooted in fear at the very bottom of it.No one should have to live in fear. Faith is the only way I have found to relieve fear.

God knows there is not enough vodka in the world to drown fear.
Good point FLchick...I tried to hide my fear with Vodka too...a lotta Vodka. Worked for a bit as I was drinkin it...clearly the wrong choice overall.

I don't know if you should pray for em NewYork. Glad you came out ok though. Ef them.