Notices

New A&E Show Called......Relapse :(

Old 03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

No not scared of the truth but I have been sober 7 years but if I was still in my addiction or in my 1st few weeks or months I suppose it would?

The part of the show that still bothers and hurts me is the length some families will go to get their loved ones help.

My family shoved the door in my face at the age of 13 and especially my mom she always said I was the problem not any of them.

When I watch the show I wish my mother had cared even an1/8 th of some of these moms.

Even when I did a 4th & 5th step on all this I still have issues and now my mom isn't here anymore RIP 6/6/09
Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I watch Intervention BUT, I just don't know how real it is. I mean, this show has been on for several years. I find it hard that people on this show "don't know they will soon face an intervention"? How is that possible? The way the show is formatted, I think I would know!!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have never had the pleasure being on this side of the pond, I've just starting downloading a couple of Intervention episodes you guys have made me all curious
Old 03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VodkaLover View Post
I watch Intervention BUT, I just don't know how real it is. I mean, this show has been on for several years. I find it hard that people on this show "don't know they will soon face an intervention"? How is that possible? The way the show is formatted, I think I would know!!
I've watched the show before. My guess is that they make the "star" of the show sign a contract to be in a documentary, and pay them whatever agreed upon amount of money there is, but don't tell them specifically that the show is "Intervention". This is one of the aspects of the show that I find to be exploitative.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Intervention makes me cry every time!!! I love this show so much. It is very inspirational to me. I wish I could go to a nice rehab facility too without having to worry about losing my job and missing my kid. Do you remember that one about the lady that sniffed that computer cleaner? Wow! That's intense! Relapse looks good too, I will definitely be watching, the premiere is on April 4th. I love Sober House too and Dr Drew isn't bad to look at it either
Old 03-22-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Strangely enough, a girl who lives down the street from me was on Intervention a few weeks back. Her sister died of an OD as well. God.....I'm so thankful to just be ALIVE.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
I used to watch it drunk and say "well I'm not as bad as him or her".
Same here..I'd watch it drunk, be amazed at how bad the person was, then just like Ghostly, slam my drink during the commercial break!

I can't even call it denial. More like my head up my a$$.
Back a$$wards! Just all kinds of messed up!
Because on other occasions, I'd be sitting there watching with a drink in hand and just be bawling.

Although I do love watching Intervention for many reasons..
One of 'em is, now I watch 'em for a little bit of comfort. I'm gonna try and not sound so "high and mighty" so forgive me if I do, but it gives me a sense of relief when watching it. Like, I'm not that person anymore.

Another is I love how raw it is.
It doesn't glorify addiction or drug use in any way.
('Cause if anybody can do that..its "hollywood". Never thought teen pregnancy would be considered "cool" but MTV's managed to do that.)
It doesnt hold anything back. Including, if their method worked or not.

I'm looking forward to Relapse. I think Intervention has done its job in showing that they understand addiction and how serious it is. What effects it has on a person and their loved ones. And I think Relapse will give more insight on the disease.
It's opening minds and eyes in people who have no clue about addiction. True..some watch it for the shock affect, but I also believe its somewhat educating people on how serious addiction is.

Then again..maybe I'm reading too much into the series because it made such an impact on me before, and now during, my sobriety that I want EVERYBODY to be aware of addiction.