Notices

I can't do this anymore

Old 03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

I can't do this anymore

Sorry just need to vent..... I've been falling down black out drunk every night for the better part of 2 months.. I've been drinking everyday for probably 7 years now. Since I switched to vodka I think I've lost control (not that I had it before) but I'm afraid I'm going to die. I drank a bottle of vodka in a few hours on Sat. I have no clue what happened I can't belive I let this happen. I'm only 25 what the hell happened?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Silent Eyes - welcome back
sorry you're in the hole tho.

Have you thought about getting face to face help - sounds like you might need it, man?

D
Old 03-14-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi silent eyes...please get help...it sounds like you need some f2f support vodka is a terrible thing but so is all of it.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try to find an AA group in your area, or try to see a Dr. You do sound like you need some medical advice, especially to detox. There is help out there.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Silent Eyes. Addiction is what happened. But there is hope! Have you looked into a recovery program? Maybe AA? Please get some help! You were created for more than this!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hi, SilentEyes,

Yup, it sure does suck when alcoholism has us by the throat.

Not much we can do about it. Why not just give up? Stop fighting, pick up the phone and call AA. Or a detox. Or a rehab facility. Just be done with it.

Lots of us have done it--you can, too. YOU NEVER HAVE TO FEEL THIS WAY AGAIN.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back....

Time to check with your doctor about how best to de tox
Be honest about your drinking too..then proper tests can
be done to assess what damage ..if any..you may have done.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vodka

Originally Posted by SilentEyes View Post
Sorry just need to vent..... I've been falling down black out drunk every night for the better part of 2 months.. I've been drinking everyday for probably 7 years now. Since I switched to vodka I think I've lost control (not that I had it before) but I'm afraid I'm going to die. I drank a bottle of vodka in a few hours on Sat. I have no clue what happened I can't belive I let this happen. I'm only 25 what the hell happened?
Vodka is a big hole,. I am someone who does not bother with wine (not that that is any better or healthier) but with wine I can function or at least what I assume functioning is, but with vodka forget it it hits you hard very fast and results in black outs and I find it basically beyong manageable,, not that wine ever was. In any case you need to try and get of the stuff and maybe try going into a detox....that stuff is lethal.and you sound like you need help and the help of people who understand and support you
Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's either going to take a huge "awakening," or you'll just find one day that you've had enough, or... yeah, you could die. You could die from a bad choice you'll make while in the black out, or the vodka itself will go haywire on your organs, you'll end up in the hospital with a stomach pump for a lifesaver.
Counselors seem to work wonders for some people. Rehab for others. I'm 25 as well and I had been drinking every single day for about four straight years, it was broke up before then. I'd drink just a bit here and there. When I turned 21, it was on. I was drunker than hell for the better part of four years.
Ten days ago I just decided to stop. To quit it.
Today I believe I'll go to my first AA meeting.
I got so sick of not believing in anything, not remembering ****, and ruining everything I had!
Good luck, if you need to talk feel free to send me a private message!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Silent,

It will only get worse...take it from me, when I was 25 I was getting drunk almost every night...that lead to drinking in the afternoon, then a "few" in the mornings to stop the shakes. Please stop now or it WILL get worse.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you speak to certain family members of mine they will say age 25 was my worst year(your story sounds like mine), in my eyes age 25 was my best year, that is when I staggered into the fellowship of Alcoholic's Anonymous. I didn't heed the suggestions early on, but it didn't take long for me to be beaten into a state of reasonableness by my alcoholism. When I came running back to the nice folks in AA they were still there for me, asked me if I wanted to follow some simple suggestions this time. I did, and because of those suggestions I have been in the grace since 7/25/2009. If I can be of any further help don't hesitate to ask.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Silent eyes

You don't have any control anymore the alcohol does. I too was drinking vodka but regardless of what it is you need to seek professional help. I tried so many times to stop on my own. After ending up in ICU three times, splitting my face open because of blackouts, I knew I couldn't do this on my own.This was bigger that I was. After 30 days in treatment, endless AA meetings I can now say I have the control. It's almost been two years and trust me you can do this! It's not an easy road as we all know, but you deserve better than this.Believe me the strength you need will come.But please don't do this on your own.Keep posting there's a lot of support here!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I envy your youth. You have an oppounity to make a change I wish I had 13 years ago. Try and see the opportunity you have in these horrible feelings. Peace to you.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
broken wings

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to be back. I just need to learn to treat myself better than the way I feel you know? I'm still in counseling I hope I think I called my counselor that night who knows what was said.... I appreciate everones kind words it really means alot. Onward and upward ay? I hope to be back on more had some computer troubles so It took me awhile to get back on
Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Yeah Vodka was my alcohol of choice and seems to be quite popular with the alcoholic crowd. I use to think it didn't smell because it was a c"clear" looking liquor. Boy was I wrong. ugh.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
broken wings

Is there anyone around here from Nevada????
Old 03-18-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi. Please just stop before one of your organs gives out.

I used to pound beers like water. but when I started mixing vodka in my beer (which wasn't that often) my buddy said I got really bad.

i never liked the really warm feeling vodka gave me. It's like my temperature went up a few degrees.

Also, don't waste anymore of your life away. My 30's are gone and I hardly did anything useful other than get blacked out and sleep.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Re: I can't do this anymore

Welcome SilentEyes...

I was given some grave news, 10 years ago, by a very affluent doctor at the time, who shed some valuable insights on "the negative effects of alcohol abuse" and it's possible ramifications. The good doctor said, and I quoting here "your liver cannot withstand any more abuse, so either you stop drinking "Now" or you will die" -talk about an ultimatum.

I suggest you consult a doctor who has expertise in this field before detoxifying. May I also suggest a good outpatient facility or addiction counselor, that could help support your effort to come clean -one day at a time. Please keep us informed about your progress and most importantly "Never Give Up". Your worth it... ~God bless~
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I was just starting to drink problematically when I was 25. I'd give anything to have stopped then and had the following 10 years of my life back. You have that chance. Take it.

GG
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Amount of Vodka

Don't feel bad: 2 weekends ago (From Friday to Sunday) I drank the big plastic jug of Burnett's cherry vodka. When I ran out on Saturday night, I bought 4 bottles of wine (liquor store was closed) and drank all of those on Sunday. I had a 4 hour drive on Monday morning and had a few on the way just to get me home because I felt so bad. I was hungover for 3 days. That was my breaking point. I could not believe the amount of alcohol that I had consumed. That's definitely the most I've ever drank in a weekend.