Notices

Partner Showed Ultimate Act of Love

Old 03-12-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
High on Life

Partner Showed Ultimate Act of Love

My 3rd week in Rehab is coming to an end. Today was family day and I had the opportunity to have lunch with my partner. As instructed by our therapists I asked my partner to give me the details of my relapse into abyss.

I found out that while I was laying in my friends driveway in and out of consciousness, the police were trying to figure out what to do with me. The police talked to my partner and they wanted to bring me home, but he realized the urgency of the situation and told them to take me to the hospital where I was Baker Acted. Although this only put my drinking binge to a hiatus, it may be ultimately what has saved my life. When I got to the hospital my BAC was like .333 or something like that. Not really sure if that is specific, but it wouldn't be the first time, because my DUI has my BAC at .358. When I drink I am unable to stop and a danger to myself and everyone else around me, plus I was mixing drugs which is recipe for disaster.

My partner thought I would be upset with him, but how can I be upset with someone who has shown how desperately they care for me, while I'm on a mission to destroy myself and everything around me. I believe I was shown the ultimate act of love, because I don't think everyone would have made a decision such as this, especially since I had already been to detox and baker acted that week.

I was given a second chance, and now it is up to me to continue to do the work that will give me the life that I deserve in recovery. When I hit step 9 I have a huge amends to make to my partner, but right now I must first focus on myself.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

TE...

Glad to hear that your life is smoothing out.
You sure did need professional help>
and he realized that....
Old 03-13-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're a lucky guy TE
I'm really glad to hear you're doing ok now.

D
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

So glad he took good care of you. And glad to hear you're taking care of you, too!