Notices

Feel Like The Worst Mother Ever

Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Pink seems to be doing her usual routine, start a thread, lots of drama and disappear. She seems to thrive on the attention and her threads always get many posts.

nothing new, i've lost count about how many times she's *discussed* going to AA, defended her behavior, cried about her behavior and implied that she is moderating, hungover and feeling bad.

i think there are lots of others who want to talk about starting their own journey and would welcome my support and discussion...
Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkfirefly View Post
i can't post any thing on here on any more, with out getting harrassed. all you people want to hear about, is if i;m doing perfect. what about when i actually need the support. i am fricken trying to get help. but its not an over night thing. what do you expect that I am just magically fixed and there's no more problems. i'm trying to discuss my feelings and get some direction. i'm in drug and alcohol abuse counseling. i'm working on things. jeez. for people who have been there, and spent years being alcoholics and struggling, your certainly not very understanding or nice or supportive. how many years did it take you before you got a clue. i bet you messed up and made a lot of mistakes a long the way. don't be so harsh and judgemental. and don't you dare say i deserve my children to be taken away. i have been doing good lately, i had a slip up the other night, my first major slip up in weeks.
I'm sorry you feel so miserable and feel unsupported but my two cents is that reading this post is EXACTLY like the stuff I was told this weekend by my AH who wanted to come up with every excuse in the world as to why he can't start doing anything different and listen to him ream me out for not giving him a break etc...

You don't have to agree with everyone here who is telling you to please get help. You can see yourself as a victim of everyone here. But I think that folks on here really know what they are talking about. Take a leap of faith and try something different. If it's worse than what you're living like now go back to the status quo.

I'm in the same shoes as your H and I DID take our kids and leave. Your H still being there is a gift. Don't blow it.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hope u got a meeting under your belt. I've gone to 9 or 10 and plan to keep going. I know you will be accepted, loved and not judged there......you need to go
Old 03-14-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
skg

Pink seems to be doing her usual routine, start a thread, lots of drama and disappear. She seems to thrive on the attention and her threads always get many posts.
nothing new, i've lost count about how many times she's *discussed* going to AA, defended her behavior, cried about her behavior and implied that she is moderating, hungover and feeling bad.
i think there are lots of others who want to talk about starting their own journey and would welcome my support and discussion...
Well, on the off chance that this time things will be different, I personally need to keep from rolling the inventories. Speck in the other person's eye, plank in mine? The thing that makes AA different is that the bottoms may differ, but the person is always respected--their beliefs, their experiences, their past. The love that is shown in the rooms of AA makes it possible for people who are consistently beaten down by judgments and admonishment to feel comfortable enough to come back. And if they come back often enough, the recovery language--"The music of the rooms,"--begins to sink in. Grace. It's freely given to us and the only thing that is asked is that we remember from whence we came.
I understand this isn't AA. I am simply reminded that, before condemning someone for their disease, I need to pause and remember how tough it really was. Not everyone makes it. Some must die so that we remember just how serious recovering from this disease really is.
Besides, I NEVER created drama in my wake when I was out doing the deal, you know what I mean?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugah View Post
Alcoholics Anonymous
711 Mcclellan St, Wausau, WI 54403
(715) 845-9914
I know some ladies that attend the Wednesday Woman's AA group at 8pm.

I would suggest that one.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

And if you are still reading, remember that AA meetings all have different personalities and if the one you went to did not feel right, do *NOT* use that as an excuse to stop going. Find another meeting tomorrow. Keep trying and raising your hand as a newcomer until you find meetings where you are comfortable. I would say you can't say "AA is not for me" until you've gone to a meeting every day for about a month (including atheist/agnostic-themed meetings, if you're not religious). Good luck.

GG
Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post

Why talk about her this way?

I think you should not be talking about her this way.

Nothing nice to say? Then best to say nothing. No?

Talking about her when she is not even here is not right.

What if she does come back and gets to read your negative posts about her? Is it kind? Is it helpful?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Everyone hold on....
Pink was here today.....I hope she was reading this thread
or perhaps others that could help her decide what to do.

Please offer your experiences ..take gripes to PM.
Thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

in my experience, pain has always been my greatest motivator. i didn't think sobriety was life and death for me until i had an alcoholic seizure and stroke level blood pressure and almost died.

she might not take this seriously enough until her husband and kids leave instead of just telling her they will.

doctors told me i was knocking on death's door, i didn't believe it until i saw it myself. she might not feel the pain of truely feeling a bottom until there are no more kids to hold when the bottle is empty.

i pray this is not her reality, but this disease will take everything until there is nothing left.

sobriety is the easier, softer way.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Pink...I forgot to tell you. Most AA meetings have babysitting and if you need a ride the women would be mroe than happy to pick you up. I have only been in a month or so and I know that I wont live long enough to pay them back for all the support they have shown me. I think a positive evening with people who have the EXACT same problem as you would turn things around for you babe!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
A work in progress

"Most" AA meetings around here do NOT have babysitting, but there are some that do. If you call the local intergroup, they would be able to tell you.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Neither of the 2 AA groups in my town have baby sitting options
but....
members do use their spounses...parents...friends...neighbors...other
AA members for the short time it takes to attend a meeting.

however....AA meetings are not the point...we all know AA
is not the only way out of dangerous destructive actions.

Once again....Pink has plenty to think about...so this thread
is closed. I hope she will return to post a thread with positivd news.

everyone for sharing...let's go find someone else
that needs our experiences and support.