Notices

The boss is a jerk

Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
You told the boss you were committed to a co-worker. What you should've done is told him you were committed to a co-worker, explained what the project was with the co-worker, and flat out asked him what your priorities are. Then, you should've done what the boss said.
I agree. You should have asked what HE wants you to do and if he said "HIS PROJECT", then you drop the co-worker.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Cool

I have noticed that recently most of the posts are saying that it was UNY's boss, but when I checked out the OP, I saw that the request was coming from UNY's boss' boss.

In most of the jobs I've had, or in most of the fields I've worked, there has always been a chain-of-command.....: I would go to my boss; who would then go to his/her boss; who in turn would go to his/her boss; ad infinitum.....

The same could be said in reverse.....my boss would come to me; his/her boss would come to him/her (my boss); who would then come to me (or to someone else, because my boss would know if I was already working on a project with someone else already). In other words, I would take instructions/orders from my boss, not from my boss' boss (always staying within the good ole pecking order.

Course, this was all quite a while ago; things could have changed a lot since then.....

(o:
NoelleR