SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   New Tattoo (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/220803-new-tattoo.html)

SereniTee 02-23-2011 04:09 PM

New Tattoo

It hurt like a bitch, but nowhere near as much as the crap I went through to be here 9 months clean and sober :grouphug:

It's not so easy to forget something that that's been permenantly scarred into you right??!! :rotfxko

Thanks everyone

justjo 02-23-2011 04:22 PM

Good for you. A friend of mine who is 57 just got her first tattoo. She walked in and said "guess what I just got done for Valentines day"? A tattoo of a bluebird just above her ankle.
We laughed as I asked her if she was going through a change of life or change of husband :rotfxko

ZZworldontheweb 02-23-2011 05:00 PM

Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 3. You have Shakespeare on your foot. Can't say I agree with tattoos so much, but that's a pretty classy one to have.

CarolD 02-23-2011 05:25 PM

Well done on your clean and sober time....:funjump:

Stevie1 02-23-2011 06:08 PM

Great tat!

I have several and each one means something to me.

'grats on seven months. :)

LaFemme 02-23-2011 07:04 PM

Congrats on 9 months and the new tat!

I always promised myself if I got sober I would get one....need to pick a day and do it....also need a spot on my body....lol....it will be. My first and I will do my sign...I've designed it myself based on the Pisces drawing on the ceiling of Grand Central.

I was thinking of my left rib cage....

MsCooterBrown 02-23-2011 07:33 PM

I am too chicken...If I got one..it would be a chicken with a slash thru it. Meaning no longer chicken.

Congrats on the 9 months!!!

SereniTee 02-24-2011 12:33 AM

La Femme I have a few tatts and I rib cage huuuuurts you are brave! Hips are the worst thought for me but everyone is different - go for it!

MsCB your chicken idea sounds too funny that would be great!

mtnmagic 02-24-2011 12:50 AM

SereniTee - What an awesome gift to give yourself in sobriety.
Congrat's on the 9 months. "Fraid I'm a big chicken too...
Now maybe if they had some that I could just rub on like the
kiddies do, with inspirational sayings and all I would, but
a real Tat...(shakes head), I think I would have to be drunk, lol!

stugotz 02-24-2011 04:28 AM

Awesome! I just about have my right sleeve done. Its cool to get them and remember doin it isnt it?

Stevie1 02-24-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Stevie1 (Post 2875835)

'grats on seven months. :)

Sorry....NINE months!
:a122:

Scott1970 02-24-2011 05:53 AM

Congrats on the nine months!! I got my first last year at 40 to celebrate living to 40 and making 11 months. It is a phoenix rising from the flames to represent a rebirth. Problem is I now want another...something representing either renewal or maybe something showing both my light and dark side (yep still have one that creeps out every so often)... Once again congrats

SereniTee 02-24-2011 06:14 AM

mtnmagic seriously my back hurt so bad but I still went back to get a 2nd one done there. Yes yes my name is Talia and I am a tattooholic. It's true! They're pretty and I always remember getting them done though and the only person they hurt in the process is ME haha, So the pain can't be that bad right if I am a wimpy girl and I keep going back?!

stugotz yeah I love the whole process :)

Haha Scott as I say I feel you I am plotting the next one already I am running out of places to put them without looking like a sailor haha just kidding I am not that bad.... yet ;)

julez 02-24-2011 05:26 PM

I have 2 tats, and am trying to find the right place to get my third. Any suggestions? I have 2 butterflies on my left rear shoulder blade, for my sister and me, my husbands name on my ring finger, and need a place for 2 stars. A pink one and a blue one, for my kids. I don't want any more on my back. I was thinking maybe the front of my right hip?
I absolutely love To Thine Ownself Be True. I also love the serenity prayer.
Tats are a great way to express yourself.

invisigoth 02-24-2011 10:42 PM

Cool tat, I just got "EX-INORDINATO-ORDO " on my left arm and the date I got married on my right wrist in Roman numerals X-I-MMVI. I also have the tree of life on my right arm.

SereniTee 02-25-2011 02:49 AM

Yeah your hip sounds great Julez I would love to get one there but I haven't had my babies yet so will have to wait, I have seen stretched tats they look rediculous! That's great yours all mean something special to you. I have my starsign pisces fishes on my inner ankle, a paw print for my dog Dexter on my left foot, a butterfly with cherry blossom on my inner right arm I got done in Indoneisa to remember my time there, and 2 huge fairies on my back, just because I like fairies!! Always have done. And now this new one :)

A pink star and a blue star, that's an awesome idea :)

LaFemme 02-25-2011 07:28 AM

Serenitee...thanks for pointing out the problem of getting a tattoo somewhere that having a baby would stretch it out of shape. I still hope to have a couple of kids and so that nixes the hip tatt...thanks....although maybe afterwards I will do the stars:)

SereniTee 02-25-2011 07:57 AM

I see tons of girls with them all over their tummys I don't know if they just don't care but my mate's one looks awful she is gutted and wants it removed now :(

loveon2legs 02-25-2011 08:06 AM

I've been wanting to get another one to mark my sobriety...I'm 13 months sober today!! :) I'm just not sure on what I want to get!!

SereniTee 02-25-2011 08:29 AM

CONGRATS LO2L!!!! :) You'll find the right one when the time is right

Wow I can't wait to hit that 1 year mark..... must keep it in the day though!