Notices

Charlie Sheen - sober is boring

Old 02-27-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I used to be bored when drinking...rush home to start, waiting for 5PM. Now six months sober, I quilt, I draw, I paint, I do pottery, I sing, I cook. I live. Would I exchange that for the excitement of lying on the laundry room floor, crying and feeling like dying because I can't stop drinking? No thank you, Charlie, I will take "boring."
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by jerseytomato View Post
Or maybe because he is a celebrity there is animosity for some reason?
I can't speak for anyone except for myself, but abuse is a touchy subject. I have a hard time having sympathy for someone who thinks it's okay to beat up on other people. Some people really do change and they feel terrible for what they've done and they do everything they can to make sure that no one is harmed by them again. A lot don't.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

i agree, Charlie has been verbally abusive to ANYONE who crosses him...

he trashed the first wife, Denise Richards publically insulting her acting and parenting skills

he trashes the 2nd wife...verbally and publically

he threatens and blusters, makes wild statements against many things and personally attacks peoples recovery programs, religion, saying he "owns" them...what a crock of bull. I am EMBARRASSED for his family and his kids.

I thought his father and brother handled a TV interview last week with much intelligence and grace...it must be very hard to keep trying to help someone who doesn't see they are sick...

i cannot even imagine "a briefcase full of coke"...pay 10K a month to rent a house for "adult film stars" and then have them give their 15 mins. of limelight where they tell the world you asked them to babysit your children????

and we are sitting here on SR celebrating each day we don't drink or use and paying the electric bill and groceries...

the rich are different...it's a shame they don't care where they (Charlie) is going...hopefully to the dentist.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I agree that what he has done and said was horrible. And I know a lot of us on here have done and said some pretty horrible things when we were using and drinking. My list is pretty long I know that, so I can't begin to sit here and judge his erratic, crazy behavior. That would be pretty hypocritical of me.

I think how much we use and indulge is probably related to how much money we have. If I had his kind of money during the peak of my alcoholism I probably would have been drinking a $50.00 bottle of vodka instead of the $11.00 a handle stuff I was drinking so I see why he has suitcases full of coke if he is an addict. More is always better for us!

Point is he is obviously very ill and in a really bad place. All of us drank for different lengths of time and had very different bottoms. He isn't ready yet, for whatever reason but we all know you can't make someone ready. Hopefully he will be ready soon.