Notices

I relapsed

Old 02-18-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I waited too long to call her but I will tell her at my appointment next week.

*sigh*

I am still really hurt by my "friend" (I thought she was anyway) and don't have good coping skills. Alcohol was my coping skill. I can see why I fell. It's not good to beat up on myself you all are right. Thanks for listening.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Heh tell me about it...

Listen thats what you feel you needed to do, it isnt childish.
Sometimes maybe you did it to protect others or maybe you was just selfish and thought about yourself. Its tough both ways and you lose in both scenario's and dont even realize it at the time.
But! You come clean here, and it will help you accept the fact's that will at least help to put things rite.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shev

the thing about being really down on yourself is it solves nothing...we can't change the past - and giving yourself a hard time and thinking you're a knucklehead puts you that little bit closer to thinking 'well what the hell' and drinking again...

You can make this right - you can get back to being sober...and you can tell the truth to your counsellor.

Everyone of us has been where you are - I went back to drinking many a time, and lied about why I couldn't make appointments.

Not my finest hour, but that's all in my past now

Look forward not back Shev.

As for your friend - sound like they're missing the old days. I had friends like that too.
Real friends support you and your decisions for your health, not tear you down.

D
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am so angry at her I let it get under my skin and used it as an excuse to get drunk.

The Big Book says that resentments are the biggest offender in somebody relapsing. It has happened to me, I've had to learn to deal with resentments and I'm getting better at it.

I used to be confused about Step 2 of AA, "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity" since I never felt that I was insane.

Then I learned that drinking when I felt resentment towards another person is like drinking poision and expecting the other person to die. That's insane!