Notices

Solving personal problems....

Old 02-19-2011, 02:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Chelle you have good input in this thread.

You know what to do for you and your children. Keep with your support and move on. Aside from everything mentioned here....marriage is a partnership not you waiting around for him to choose. Very unhealthy and even more so when you throw in the factor of his active drinking.

Pick up and take care of you. You can depend on you and so can your children. Your husband must find his path and hanging tight on his rollercoaster is not the answer. You will find more joy then you can imagine when you take control of your life.

I assure you that you have the strength in you!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

labs/LFTs drawn 5 years prior can be 180 degrees different than today especially if he is drinking 8-18 beers (which count as drinks) per day.

I am very "medically knowledged" too....and elevated LFTs, fasting glucose, tryglcerides, HTN still didn't stop me....as the poster above said, until i realized I hated myself.

you deserve better, he is not going to make an effort to treat you like a loving partner if you keep standing passively on the side. and WHY should you be the one to leave and uproot your child? let him be uncomfortable, he made the decision, let him pick up his buttisimo and move.

sometimes anger is a good thing, especially when we protect ourselves against abuse and that's the way I see him acting towards you...keeping you dangling is mentally and emotionally abusive...speaking disrepectfully towards you in front of his daughter is abusive...what is he teaching her? that it's OK to talk to your partner with no respect?

(i'm sorry to be so long-winded so early in the morning)
Old 02-19-2011, 07:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Originally Posted by Chelle3 View Post
I needed to know if alcoholics could actually solve personal problems. Having not been one myself, I have no idea how the disease affects their thinking. I wanted to consider all sides before I made a decision to ask him to leave.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'd love to hear others too.
Chelle
I think most alcoholics, especially "high functioning" ones, know alcohol does not solve any problems. It dissolves problems that they don't (or can't) want to solve. Its so easy to pick up a bottle....
Old 02-19-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

P.S.
Its delusional, but alcoholics are experts at delusion, and deluding themselves.

Mollify if you can't solve

Think you are strong enough to solve your problems, but you can't solve his. Certainly, if he doesn't see a problem.