Notices

Headaches?

Old 11-09-2003, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headaches?

Hi,

I'm on day 10 (yay) today and this is the third day in a row I've woken up with a headache. I've also had a fe headaches during the day recently. I thought the waking up with a headache would be a thing of the past! Argh.

I used to get headaches periodically from being dehydrated. I know I'm not dehydrated now. One of my coping strategies is to drink a lot of water, diet (non-caffienated) soda, and herbal tea. My body feels more healthy already. I've also been taking a B-complex vitamin along with a "one-a day" vitamin, and flax-seed oil caplets. I've been taking the vitamins for more than a month, the flax seed oil is newer.

Has anyone had any delayed withdrawal symptoms like this? I assumed any withdrawal symptoms would happen within the 1st 4-5 days.

Jayhay
Old 11-09-2003, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb Hi Jay

Here is a link...

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

You also might want to check withan eye doctor about the need for glasses.

I know nothing about the flax seed...everything else is super.

You sound very committed....Great!!:slider:
Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jay , I am at day 17, and when I was at day 12 the headaches came , up til then, I had not had any at all! In fact I never even had a hangover when I was drinking . The headaches have gone now , ( day 17)
I think it is a case of " This too will pass" I find I am getting different symtoms on and of f, had the dreams , they too have passed for now , insomnia , lasted 3 days UGH!
Loss of appetite , still,
I am taking VitaminB ( super )
Milk Thistle
Omega 3

Hang in there ! its a bit of a journey isn't it
HUGXX
Lee
Old 11-09-2003, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Lee,

Glad to know that this may be a common thing. THe headache goes away on its own, no need to take any ibuprofen or anything, luckily. I haven't had any dreams yet. I had some very strange vivid dreams when I started prozac (6 months ago, but I was drinking at the time too), but that side effect subsided pretty quickly.

I think I slept for 7 hours straight last night - probably the first time that happened in about 10 years! Between being pregnant, having kids waking at night, and of course not sleeping soundly because of drinking (or waking to pee, or drink water), It's been a long time that I slept soundly. Felt great. I hope it continues.

I just bought some milk thistle today, since I read your thread about it, and did some online research. Sounds like good thing.

Jayhay
Old 11-09-2003, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning Jay !
Yes , I have been taking the MT for about 1 week, it certainly wont do any harm, even if it does no good ! lol I need all the help I can get lol
I am still dealing with some emotional stuff, but it will take time to work thru that I guess ( without the booze )
Congrats on your Sobriety , we will hang in there
One day at a time !
HUGXX
Lee
Old 11-09-2003, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Jayhay, It's Monday here, tomorrow I go into detox. I'll track down and scan that article on Omega 3 in for you and anyone else interested. I actually got it photocopied from his copy, and you could see his scratchings here and there like 'Flax seed - 5 to 10ml/ day', etc. That's just from memory, but isn't it nice of your doctor to photocopy an article like that for you?

For anyone who's new to this topic, recent research has found that the Omega 3 fatty acid, common in seafood, has shown that it can have similar effects to anti-depressants (please do NOT stop taking anti-depressants without seeing a doctor).

Just found the article. I'll scan it in, and see if I can email it to you Jayhay.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Whoops, no email address. I'll see if I can upload it to an internet site.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

HI Panadol, just wanted to wish you the best ! You have been in my thoughts all weekend
Take care
Lee
Old 11-09-2003, 05:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Jayhay

I am on day 15 and have been experiencing the headaches too.

I know I am not dehydrated either because I have been drinking a lot of water. This might sound silly but I have a sugary fizzy soft drink and my headache goes away. I feel it is my body craving sugar after all the sugar it used to be getting in the alcohol. This may not be the reason but it seems to work.

Take care,
Helen
Old 11-09-2003, 09:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Lee, the difference your support has made, and everyone else's is so meaningful to me. I now go into detox and recovery with tens of friends, when before I felt alone. Do you know how important that is? I don't want to let any of you down, least of all myself. My chances of recovery are now manifold. I look forward to sharing my experiences with all. I mostly look forward to becoming a much less selfish person.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good onya Pan! you just think of yourself , mate, and do it for " you" we will still be hanging here when you get back xxxx

Hey helx , I have had a huge headache all day, and on the strength of your post , I just went and brought some sweets ( candy for you others ) lol and guess what , it has gone !!!!!!!!! I never eat sugar at all, so must have been my BSL without the booze gr8 ! thank you for the tip
LUV ya
lee
Old 11-09-2003, 10:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You go Panadol! No looking back now, just look forward!

Thanks for the feedback Lee. I feel really happy (and amazed) that my little bit of knowledge could help you! It made me smile. (((((hugs Lee)))))))

I'm just about due for a fizzy drink right now! My headache is beginning to kick in - gonna nip it in the bud!

Love Helen
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 11-10-2003, 07:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Carol, thanks for the link! Great information on Post-Acute Withdrawal, and how to deal with it. I've bookmarked the site.

Thanks Helen and Lee, I'm glad I have some people who know what I'm talking about. I'll have to try some sweets to "head-off" the head ache (sorry for the pun). I do have a sweet tooth, but usually not until the afternoon. I'll try some sugar in my coffee in the morning.

Peace,
Jay