Notices

Time will reward you one way or another

Old 01-29-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time will reward you one way or another

Time is on automatic and unchangeable. Being drunk having a blast makes time no faster nor does being in a cell locked up your whole life slow it down.The only thing we can do it let it go on it's own. You can watch it if you want, admire it's power, or you can ignore it it doesn't care.

So while time marches on be good to yourself and take care of yourself being sober because time will pay you good rewards for this. Be bad to yourself being drunk and time will also reward you but you won't like this reward.

Since time is not controllable and it's a guaranty it will reward you, make the conscience decision to be on the right side of time and reap the rewards of sobriety. It's the wise choice.

*off soap box
Old 01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice Post!

Time is something I have been thinking alot about. Just turned 39, when I was drunk and at the end of it I felt time had slipped away in a haze, so much stuff had gone on and I was oblivious to 'time'...too make a long story short, I wanted time to slow down...wanted the years to mean something in a space of time...
Drinking time flew by, before I knew it 10 years had got behind me (like the Floyd tune)
So I wanted time to slow down, and realized that to make the most out of time I needed to be sober...
AND MAN MINUTES SEEMED LIKED HOURS AND HOURS LIKE DAYS AND DAYS LIKE MONTHS AND MONTHS LIKE YEARS!!! (actually the first week seemed like eternity lol...)
My point being is that in a struggle to resist drink and living one day at a time is just that...living it, and all my worries of time going too fast are gone. It has all balanced out somehow.

Thanks for the post.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I try to live in the now and not worry about what will happen in the next 5 minutes because when that 5 minutes is up , I will be in the now only dealing with the situation im in at that present time.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Time may pass the same no matter what I'm doing and you're 100% right...I don't have any control over it, but my perception and memory specifically relates to my actions and thoughts.

Sometimes it feels tedious...being sober, but time is so much more gentle to me now.

...and for that, I'm very, very grateful.

Another example of letting go = power and freedom.

Nice post~

Kjell
Old 01-29-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Strange, b/c I was thinking something similar the other day. Time does pass...this is a certainty...so if the moment is good...I try to be grateful and savor it...if the moment is negative, I try to take comfort in the knowledge that it will pass as well. Either way, it is my attitude that makes the difference...not time itself.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your thoughts..hope all is well in your world.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I think a lot maybe to much about time, but its the negative thoughts like I do regret that I am almost 50 and all this time has passed me by, as far as a career and family kids or lack of. In the BB it talks about in the promises that we will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. Now I have almost 7 years and that promise has not come true, I regret lots although I accept it all today and I know no matter how much I wish it isn't gonna go away, maybe that's all part of the process of getting to the end result? Who knows but I do know I don't have to pick up over it. Keep the faith
Old 01-30-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for sharing tooling
l try and live in the now and savour every moment, every laugh, every tear and every kiss, knowing if l had not put down the bottle it would have all been so different and l'd be alone.

Though no-one can go back and make a new start,
anyone can start from now and make a new ending.
Carl Bard.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post!