Notices

Day 10

Old 01-28-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Hey all... I'm almost to day 10 which is tomorrow. If you'll remember my original post back in november, I was not sure what to do. I tried AA at first and just got busy and stopped going to meetings. I'm back in it now and am working the steps and doing well! I have a sponsor and he's very helpful. Not too overbearing, but always there if I need him. I'm working through steps 1-3 right now.

I'm pretty much atheist, but becoming more or less agnostic. I've sort of become "willing" to believe, which is apparently key. I'm just having trouble establishing a "relationship" with my HP?

Is there anyone out there who has gone through this? How did you initiate your relationship? I'm obviously not trying to "copy" someone else's HP (lol), but I'm sort of looking for inspiration.

Thanks!

Jon
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm glad you are being pro active with your recovery...

I don't feel qualified to answer your question as I've never
been either agnostic or atheist,.
I returned to my childhood Sunday School God of love and forgivness
and was happy to do so...

Have you read the BB Chapter "To The Agnostic"?
That might be a good place to start.

Hope others will be along to share with you..
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I find the act of kneeling and praying, or just praying to be an attempt at conscious contact with God.

Get into the action of attempting to connect.

I have heard some people begin with a prayer like, "God, I don't know if you are even there, but I am praying to you anyway."

And just talk, think, pray, be still, meditate, ...perhaps in the doing...something may come about that feels right to you, or a new experience.

"When we drew near to Him He disclosed Himself to us!" (BB)

If you are at a point where you are willing to believe that is great. First belief...then faith...
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have this little prayer...take what you like, and leave the rest for a later date!

Dear God,

I come to You. I'm sorry about the mess I've made of my life. I want to turn away from all of the wrong things I've ever done and all the wrong things I've ever been. Please forgive me for it all.

I know You have (or I am willing to believe You may have) the power to change my life. Thank You for getting my attention long enough to interest me in trying it Your way.

Please God move into my heart and make Yourself real inside me and fill my awful emptiness. Fill me with Your love and make me know Your will for me. I'm not sure I want You to, but do it anyhow. Amen