Notices

Confession....

Old 01-28-2011, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Confession....

I first found sober recovery boards when I was with my ex-fiancee who gave me a real up-close glimpse of what alcoholism was all about.

I went to the friends and family section.

Mind you , I was no stranger to the concept of recovery because I had battled my own addiction (NA) in the past. I had lapsed on meetingd though and was still a "social" (LOL) drinker.

Being with ex let me adopt a "Can't beat 'em , join 'em attitude plus I did not have to buy the liquor anymore because he always made sure there was plenty in the house. It was his regular stop after getting off work (2nd shift).

Mind you I already had 2 DUI's under my belt. But still not convinced I was an alcoholic.

Today was the first time in years I had been to an AA meeting. I did that because I need to start showing proof of meeting attendance if I ever want to get my drivers license back before they deny me it from old-age (haha!).

I have not worked since May of 2010. At that time I worked a call center job and had to quit because I needed to go to Europe to take care of a family property there for my father. So I have been back in the states since late October....and have applied at a couple of places but no luck.

I am hoping to go back to school in the fall to obtain a nursing degree. I have a crappy work history and also had a bad check charge on me in the past that was reduced to a "attempted larceny from a building" charge...but still looks crappy and it seems that people don't give you a chance once they see that...even though it is over 10 years ago.

On top of that, I still have old tickets from 2007 I need to clear up and may end up doing jail time for them. I need to just buck up and go in.

Well, looks like I am back in the program folks.

Just wanted to stop in and say "

Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey tuffenuff...
good to see you - and good for you for addressing the problem

D
Old 01-28-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Hi!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi smacked...love that signature. Thanks everyone for the welcome back "home".
Old 01-29-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best as you move forward...
Welcome back
Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

We share a lot of the same story so I wanted to thankyou for posting. Its hard when the consequences of my actions still haunt me years later. I have been looking for work for over a year and like you said on paper it looks real crappy lol. Its hard not to get discouraged and I Have been sober almost 7 years, so I really thought after I had done the steps, which I have done several times now, that life might become easier? It has in many instances but certainly not in the employment arena lol. So I guess I just wanted to share your not alone, and if I can stay sober through it trust me anyone can. Welcome back and instead of saying keep coming back I am gonna say JUST STAY!!!

Last edited by newby1961; 01-29-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 01-29-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome