Notices

whats good for you and not for others?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

whats good for you and not for others?

man, i tell you what.

how come you can see what is best for others, but not for yourself?

im a fugin train wreck right now, but i keep doing what im suppose to be doing and everything will be dandy....right?

i sicken myself, i really dont know what im suppose to do, well, i know, but i still f#ck it up. say certain things, get banned, or

i dunno, i want help when im hamered like now, and when im sober for 3-4 days i got all the answeres. anyone got help?

i pulled this sh*t on annother forum, i weat them out, i get that, bt really, what can i do.....AA, check....i will get this before t buries me
Old 01-23-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found posting here really helped me - I had something to go back and read if I began to feel I didn't have a problem....

D
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Reading and posting here helped me too, R4H. And like you said, AA is a good idea. Best wishes.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please get help to stay sober because it will bury you, but not before bringing you a lot of misery.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
skg

Originally Posted by Ramblin4hope View Post
:how come you can see what is best for others, but not for yourself?
It's called egotistical, self-righteous pride. If people would just do what I say I wouldn't have to drink over them. Good luck with that.
im a fugin train wreck right now, but i keep doing what im suppose to be doing and everything will be dandy....right?
Doing what is suggested by people who have been where you've been and are staying sober is a good start, yes.
i sicken myself, i really dont know what im suppose to do, well, i know, but i still f#ck it up.
See quote #1. I was unable to think my way into sobriety, and I had alot of fantastic ideas that absolutely nobody had ever considered. Until I went to AA meetings and they were telling all my secrets.
i dunno, i want help when im hamered like now, and when im sober for 3-4 days i got all the answeres. anyone got help?
It's called, "Powerlessness." Can't stop drinkin', can't stop thinkin'. Yes, there's hope and there is a solution. YOU have to be willing to go to any lengths to achieve it.
i pulled this sh*t on annother forum, i weat them out, i get that, bt really, what can i do.....AA, check....i will get this before t buries me
"A.A.'s Twelve Steps are a group of principles, spiritual in their nature, which, if practiced as a way of life, can expel the obsession to drink and enable the sufferer to become happily and usefully whole." The first principle is honesty, and not just cash-register honesty. Rigorous honesty. Until I was convinced I could not drink, I wasn't willing to try anyone's suggestions. Getting sober will require changing everything you are right now, including resigning from the debate club. One step at a time.

Okay,your turn. Tell me how you're different...
Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's defiantly easier to take others "moral inventory" then our own that is for sure. It is progression not perfection in sobriety so just keep working on yourself and try not to be so critical of others. This is a struggle for me too so I know where you are coming from.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Never said I was different.

I'm a legend in my own mind
Originally Posted by skg View Post
It's called egotistical, self-righteous pride. If people would just do what I say I wouldn't have to drink over them. Good luck with that.
Doing what is suggested by people who have been where you've been and are staying sober is a good start, yes.
See quote #1. I was unable to think my way into sobriety, and I had alot of fantastic ideas that absolutely nobody had ever considered. Until I went to AA meetings and they were telling all my secrets.
It's called, "Powerlessness." Can't stop drinkin', can't stop thinkin'. Yes, there's hope and there is a solution. YOU have to be willing to go to any lengths to achieve it.
"A.A.'s Twelve Steps are a group of principles, spiritual in their nature, which, if practiced as a way of life, can expel the obsession to drink and enable the sufferer to become happily and usefully whole." The first principle is honesty, and not just cash-register honesty. Rigorous honesty. Until I was convinced I could not drink, I wasn't willing to try anyone's suggestions. Getting sober will require changing everything you are right now, including resigning from the debate club. One step at a time.

Okay,your turn. Tell me how you're different...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
skg

Yeah, well, welcome. It's been said that alcoholics are, "Egomaniacs with an inferiority complex." I would agree, except that it would make 'them' right, it wasn't my idea, and I might not get credit for it.
I had to be brought to death's welcoming door--to a decision point--as to whether I wanted to continue doing what I was doing (and getting the same results), or if I were willing to try something different; something completely against my selfish, self-centered nature, and live. It was a tough decision.
Alcohol had become my God. It told me when to get up, and when to go to bed; it told me who my friends were, and who I should avoid; it told me what to eat, and what not to eat; it told me what I could do, and what I couldn't do. It ruled my life, so I had to hide my secret at all costs--even to pushing those close to me away, and those who tried desperately to help me keep from killing me from finding out my truth: I am an alcoholic.
I've heard it called, "humility at depth," and apparently there's a bottom for everyone: some are physical cracks, some are spiritual, and some are psychological cracks, but every one has one--and every bottom has a basement.
When I came into the rooms I had done all my relapsing and I was beaten. I was willing to listen, but I argued the entire way. Thank GOD for patient, sober, loving people who knew me better than I knew myself. I came, I came to, and I came to believe that living a sober life with a God of my understanding was a lot more peaceful than fighting everything and everyone for the sake of being right.

If you want to drink, that's your business. If you want to stop, AA can help. Even for us terminally unique people...