Notices

Day 11 and I still feel bad..

Old 01-21-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 and I still feel bad..

I am on day 11!! I still have a bad headache and soar throat from the damage. My eyes are still blood shot. How much longer will this continue? I drank a pint to a fifth or more of vodka every day for a couple years. I would typically be totally trashed at eight o'clock every night and pass out.
I overall do feel better just looking for the end of the mild pain. I hope this time I can stay sober for good.

I am eating well and drinking a lot of water. I am exercising too..

My Doctor has me on anti anxiety meds so it has been unbelievably easy not to drink. I don't sit there and think about drinking all the time like I once did. My family seems to like me better now too.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You should start feeling better physically very soon. Hang in there, you are through the worst of it.

Congrats on 11 days!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Congrats on doing so well. Eleven days is great.

You should see you doctor again if you are concerned about your headaches and sore throat. It might be something unrelated to your quitting alcohol.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 days! After 2 years of drinking, your body has some work, repairing to do. Be patient, you should start feeling better. If your concerned please speak to your Doctor!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

you should start to feel better really soon. I forgot about the burning eyes!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

On day 11 I posted something complaining about headaches as well. They haven't totally gone away (it's day 19) but I hardly notice them now in comparison to back then. Hang in there, you'll feel better.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 days!! Things will get better physically really soon.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by opivotal View Post
Congrats on 11 days! After 2 years of drinking, your body has some work, repairing to do. Be patient, you should start feeling better. If your concerned please speak to your Doctor!

Best Wishes To You!
Actually I have been drinking for over ten years. As time went on I would naturally drink heavier and heavier. I started out with beers then progressed to mixed drinks then ended up drinking straight out of the vodka bottle.

I an lovin my new skin color. I am no longer a ghost. I still sweat like crazy at night.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 days!

I expected to change almost overnight when I quit...lol..I have since learned some patience we did so much damage to ourselves drinking...for some of us quitting sends our bodies into shock...i know i caught every bug around my first 3 months (this after never getting aick when drinking). I would get so fustrated whean i would come on here and everyone was raving about how great they felt.

You could also have a bug so see a doctor if it continues.

P.s. - my complexion changed too...I thought I had a naturally reddish complexion...turns out I'm really pale and have started wearing blush...lol
Old 01-21-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SSIL75 View Post
you should start to feel better really soon. I forgot about the burning eyes!
whats up with the eyes? Mine have been super dry and I thought they would be better after I stopped drinking.

I drink about 2 L of water a day too

SC
Old 01-21-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
whats up with the eyes? Mine have been super dry and I thought they would be better after I stopped drinking.

I drink about 2 L of water a day too

SC
I know. On Wednesday I looked in the mirror and my eyes looked like I had just taken a massive bong hit. Totally bloodshot.

Of course I noticed right after a business meeting...
Old 01-21-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I remember my first 30 days sober...it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience. My most vivid recollection of that time was the feelings of uncertainty, confusion, and doubt. There were, of course,those horrible shakes as well. My hands shook so bad that, I could not bring a glass of water to my mouth to drink it; I had to lap it with my tongue -like a dog- instead. How embarrassing....Well times have changed since then, thanks to the grace of God and the fellowship of AA. I hope you continue to achieve lasting sobriety, "one day at a time".
Congrats on your 11 days as well....God Bless......
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 days! Day 22 here and I just reported yesterday how great I am feeling. I do still sweat at night but not nearly as much as I was on day 11. Eyes still get a little dry too. A hard squint helps that. For me, the quality of sleep has been incredible.