Notices

The witching hour.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The witching hour.

Alright, it's that time of night, I am thinking of the refreshing taste of a cold beer. NOT an option. I have been reading, I watched a movie. I ate a very decadent meal... I feel ridiculous that it's this difficult at this point! So go ahead and let me have it, I'm all ears. I had one "hair of the dog" earlier. It's just the old loneliness rearing it's head again.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So do you think the beer is the solution to your loneliness?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Triple death chocolate ice cream.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh if only there was ice cream available at the liquor store... The store has closed! But typically, the liquor store is still open. No it's not a solution to loneliness but it does get my mind off of it. I'm trying to tell myself I won't sleep properly if I drink, and I need to try to do that.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try eating a whole pint of blackberries. They taste great and you feel sinful while eating them...
Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe I'll walk down to the convenience store and grab some goodies? I am making do with a little detox tea and youtube...
Old 01-15-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was JUST thinking that this is absolutely the most difficult time of day for me. There is no way I can fall asleep yet. I have exercised now twice this evening to try to chase the cravings away. I have eaten all I want to eat for the day. There is just nothing else I feel like doing except DRINKING! This is a dangerous zone right here...
Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh Shevard, I am glad you posted. Let's wait it out? I am engaging in mindless entertainment. I'll get a decent night's sleep if I don't drink tonight and I know I'll feel better when I wake up.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Trying to...trying to...every minute that passes is one minute I didn't grab my keys and go to the bottle shop. Kids are asleep...husband is asleep. It would be easy, nobody would know. Nobody would judge. All that's keeping me from it is this forum at this moment, I swear.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, don't do that. You'll feel sad in the morning, plus feeling like you kept a secret maybe? I have nobody to answer to- no kids or mate or anything.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My husband is being so supportive. My kids don't seem to notice when I drink or don't drink. They probably do though, I'm only fooling myself if I say it doesn't affect them.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well make your husband proud then
Old 01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am going to grab some snacks... Be good while I'm away! I'll be back soon. Read some of the posts here, they can be helpful.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My older one is 9 and he has definitely noticed my drinking in the past. It used to be way messy and out of control. Somehow it has become quieter and more controlled over the years. Just more...concentrated. In that I don't carry on and cry and talk and involve other people and make a spectacle of my drunkeness. I just isolate myself and drink at night after he's sleeping. I have just become very quiet and private about my drinking. So he doesn't really notice that it's stopped.

My daughter is only 1.

I feel bad for my son that it took me this long to start to even truly want to get it together. I also feel greatful for my daughter that I am working on this when she is still so young.

Totally mixed feelings about it.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

The weekends have always been the hardest for me, I work a night shift and on the weekends I'm still up all night with little to do but watch TV, stare at the wall or drink. I slipped up a bit yesterday but I'm doing alright tonight, we'll see how long it lasts.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well I am back, with fistfuls of sugar. Kiwi/ strawberry drink and dark chocolate ice cream My pancreas will be earning their keep tonight. Shev, many of us go through life with parents who never care for our well being- it is never to late if you truly want to change, I am willing to bet it will mean the world to both your kids- all the more reason not to drink.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My mom was an alcoholic. I don't want to be like her. I don't want to raise my kids that way. I have so many more reasons NOT to drink than TO drink. So why does it have to be so hard?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Doesn't sound like a supportive environment to be raised in... so that can make it easy to drink.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I had my mom and dad here for Christmas and provided no alcohol. Granted I still sat up and chugged a few tumblers of wine in the bathroom while they were sleeping every night. I feel like such a loser for doing that. But not providing wine to them was a wise decision in retrospect.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh My God. Look at you Sleepie. You're helping another alcoholic and staying sober yourself. I don't think I've ever seen you in action like this. You are being so helpful to Shevard and you aren't thinking/talking about your problems at all AND you stayed sober. This was very rewarding to read.

btw Sleepie - your experiences in childhood can be a huge benefit to others who have experienced the same. YOU can relate and that's what most of need....someone to listen to us and who can really relate to what we have endured.

I feel so proud of you.