Notices

The witching hour.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Right on, Sleepie and Shevrard. You guys did exactly the right thing. Way to go!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I was just thinking the same thing, very positive posts from Sleepie! Sleepie, I've been reading your posts forever. I hope you woke feeling good this morning, and Shevrard too. I really know how you both feel, those moments on the fence, horrible. Congrats to you both for reaching out, that's so hard to do right in the moment.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well I didn't drink anyway,except for the one hair of the dog I mentioned early that afternoon. Um... I think I've posted words of encouragement before? I'm not an endless chasm of need you know. I need to be heard too you know, and in that way heal before I can help anyone else- regarding childhood abuse. Practice what you preach... some of you have left some very biting remarks in the past.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I don't think they meant anythng bad by the remarks, Sleepie, I think it was positive. Thanks in part to this thread and you, I stayed sober last night! WOOHOO! Feels so good to wake up without a hangover once again for the 13th day in a row.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you both on making it through a rough night. Sleepie, I didn't mean to offend you, I apologize, it was just nice to hear you sounding so positive. I'm only on day 16 and it really does get better, and sober mornings without a hangover are priceless!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

yea. i know the feeling. i'm trying to fight that feeling right now as well. Its very hard. stay strong. you can do it. try to do something else you enjoy to distract yourself. i hope i'll be able to take my own advice. i'm only on my 2nd day sober. good luck to you.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

pinkfirefly - you are already on your second day . At least that's how I thought of it back when I quit. 2 days may not seem like much, but it really starts to fly by and soon you are counting weeks, months and years.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

That's true Roostah. A few weeks ago I thought it would be miracle to go longer than one day without. Tomorrow will be two weeks. I am in a bit of shock actually.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Well I didn't drink anyway,except for the one hair of the dog I mentioned early that afternoon. Um... I think I've posted words of encouragement before? I'm not an endless chasm of need you know. I need to be heard too you know, and in that way heal before I can help anyone else- regarding childhood abuse. Practice what you preach... some of you have left some very biting remarks in the past.
Unbelievable
Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yeah, I think our little troopers, pinkfirefly, sleepie, and Shevrard, are doing really well.