Notices

interview

Old 01-12-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

interview

I have a third interview for the same job again tomorrow. I am cracking under pressure, for christ's sake how many times can one be interviewed for a lousy admin. position??? I think they are just going to keep interviewing me until I cry. It's the carrot on a stick, always yanked out of reach as soon as I think I am going to get it.... I am dreading this. I have run out of things to say in an interview. All these interviews are emotionally draining, after each one I hope I am going to get out of this s*** hole neighborhood and get my life back again... endless job searching, the sadness, the loneliness... while scraping by on a part time minimum wage gig. I have pretty much no confidence left, I don't know how I'm going to pull this one off... I want to crawl across that desk tomorrow, grab the guy by his tie and scream,"If I have to eat ramen another day in this god forsaken life I am going to explode... GIVE ME THIS JOB!!!"
Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow. Sorry you're so stressed.

Look at it this way, if they didn't already like you, you wouldn't have made it this far.

And remember that people want to hire people who seem to have their s*** together so project confidence (even if you're not), keep your composure, and keep telling yourself that you can do the job and do it well.

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You'll be ok. Hang in there...

and if you do decide to grab his tie and holler that at him
can you vidoetape it?
that would be so funny
i would die laughing watching that
Old 01-13-2011, 03:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you cry at the interview it is obviously "game over". You won't get the job.

Open up the interview like this "This is the third interview so there is obviously some interest on your part. What are your reservations about me?". Then proceed to talk - and overcome - those reservations. This is you "taking charge" of the interview (and your life). I'll bet no one else does this, and it'll show them what you can bring to the job. I'll also bet you get the job.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck sleepie! You can do it!

Its just this economy....people are hiring but they are so sloow about it.

A friend is in the same position and her interviews have aLso been really long 3+ hoursz so she's also like wtf.

Chin up!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Go prepared to tell them why you are qualified ...what you
can bring to the compamy and wear blue.

Blue is the color for trustworthy.

I started mine with....Yes I need this position and you need me
because I can ---------

Worked for me several times....
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

I wish you good luck sleepie! Even if you're stressed and not feeling confident, remind you that you've made it this far. You can do this. Fingers crossed
Old 01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I have a third interview for the same job again tomorrow. I am cracking under pressure, for christ's sake how many times can one be interviewed for a lousy admin. position??? I think they are just going to keep interviewing me until I cry. It's the carrot on a stick, always yanked out of reach as soon as I think I am going to get it.... I am dreading this. I have run out of things to say in an interview. All these interviews are emotionally draining, after each one I hope I am going to get out of this s*** hole neighborhood and get my life back again... endless job searching, the sadness, the loneliness... while scraping by on a part time minimum wage gig. I have pretty much no confidence left, I don't know how I'm going to pull this one off... I want to crawl across that desk tomorrow, grab the guy by his tie and scream,"If I have to eat ramen another day in this god forsaken life I am going to explode... GIVE ME THIS JOB!!!"
Hey there,Sleepie! 3 interviews sounds like a positive sign that they are interested.If they weren't they wouldnt keep calling you for interviews!Keep your chin up and keep going.I see a light at the end of the tunnel for you finally. I understand completely about scraping by on a ****** job. DH walked out on my ass in November,and my house is about to be foreclosed on. I also have a ****** job. I fell apart for awhile there,but now things are looking up. I have found a nice little apartment,I pick up my new car to replace the old heap I have now tomorrow. despair is over!! for us both!! we just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing the next right thing. which you are!! you arent drinking,and you are going on interviews for a better job. It will all work out!! I have faith in you!!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

3 interviews really is a good sign
I hope all went well sleepie

D
Old 01-13-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

A third interview sounds like a good sign to me...knock'em dead.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am a pile of nerves. I think it may be another sleepless night. I actually interviewed with two people today for a total of 90 minutes. I am mentally and emotionally drained and extremely irritable tonight. I don't know what to do to calm my nerves. Plus someone is calling my workplace and asking about me, and when I work etc. This is someone with schizo affective disorder and a crack addiction who I changed my number to avoid. I NEVER told him where I work. I'm thinking restraining order.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone would be nervous sleepie. It's normal to be nervous.

Just try and roll with it as much as you can.
and yes - if someone's annoying you, get the authorities on to it....

D
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Take a warm bath sis, that can really help. Sounds like you got through the interviews OK, even if they were stressful, right? Bless you.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That person sounds worrisome...might not be a bad idea to file some preliminary paperwork.
sending positive vibes your way for this job...I have a good feeling about it
Old 01-14-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So Sleepie, how'd it go?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ooops—nevermind, I see another post. I'll catch up there...