Notices

it depends on the perspective

Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

it depends on the perspective

Latly on my road to recovery I discover new ways of coping. Since Is topped, more and more my brain gets clearer and my mind starts to recover. I realize and feel things differently. The most amazing thing is with starting to feel good and bad things I started to realize the engative things in life are necessary in order for you to be able to feel joy. If there would be only good emotions it would numb you and you would be unable to feel happiness. For example I returned from my vacation with my family, my flight was delayed, we had to land at a differnet airport and we had to stay over night there. Finally the next day my luggage was lost. I was so frustrated and disappointed. I called my ground transportation shuttle to get home, I was smelly, in a bad mood and obviously very angry. Thye let me wait for 1h which really upset me. Once they arrived I left the airport and what do I see, they upgraded me instead of the bus they usually pick people up, they had a limosine, since they had to return from a wedding. So I took the ride home very comfortable with the coolers filled with po and being alone for the ride. What a day. When I saw the limo, I started laughing, you never know what your HP has in store for you, but it showed, without the bad experiences before my joy would not have been that great seing this car picking me up. It reminded me, it really is the small things in life that make live enjoyable. I thought I share this and make some of you smile.
I hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Made me smile, SASA!!! Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, cute story. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you SASA, this was really good for me to read right now.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Very true.

I have some great things going in my life right now, and it is clear that without some of the BS I've had to deal with in the past couple of years I wouldn't be appreciating it nearly so much.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Great story - and thanks for reminding me to appreciate the small stuff!