Notices

Howdy

Old 01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Howdy

Just wanted to say thanks for this message board. I was led here on a google search of "quitting alcohol anxiety"

I actually went through a couple of old threads. You don't know how helpful that is. I'd really have to think hard of how long i've been sober.... few months? But it was reassuring to know i am not alone with those symptoms.

Its interesting because its not really something you learn about growing up. Heck i used to think the "hangover" was the worst it got. Man oh man am i wrong. LOL

Its amazing to think how alcohol effects the brain and nervous system. I look forward to making a full recovery. Mainly its anxiety every now and again. I've been working on diet to keep it under control. Brought my blood pressure, glucose and triglycerides back to normal. My doc was happy about that.

I disagreed with the xannax i was prescribed so i have a low dose bottle i keep with me for emergencies. (.25 mg) I never had to take one.

For me... i just want to get the body back on track through diet and exercise. Dont forget sobriety.

I did a cold turkey on both cigs and drinking starting back in may. I caved to drinking on two occasions since... in June and oct or nov. I have zero temptation to drink.

Again thanks for the forum. Its encouraging to read what others have posted.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dismember

Wow. Diet and exercise and passing on optional medication...

Can you bottle that conviction and sell it to folks like us?

That's great stuff, Quickened. Proof positive that things start to turn if you put your energy into it.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome! I agree that it's inspiring to come here - this place really helps me to stay sober (kinda like AA on a laptop.....)

Congratulations on your sober time and for giving up the cigs. Stick around and let us know how you're doing on your plan to get healthy. Would love to hear more!!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel guilty treating my body the way i have. I am only 28 but i was feeling poor. I smirk when i think i used to be somewhat in shape. I lost somewhere in the 20-40lb range.

Its amazing what happens when you aren't ordering $40 worth of junk from a pizza joint at bar close habitually.

I got to a point where i thought i was dying during a binge back in may. That moment in time really woke me up to many things. Ever heard the quote "our life is but a vapor"? It really stood out to me.

I don't over do it with exercise. 3 mile walks when it was warm out. I might ease in to running but i dont want to over do it. I lift small weights too as to not over do it.

I tell you though changing the diet was an awesome thing. Really helps me feel better about myself. Its nice to think that i am giving my body something it needs and appreciates as opposed to all the other garbage it had for years! lol

sorry for being lengthy! i have that tendancy
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forums! I find them very helpful as well.

I agree with what you are saying completely. Although I was on anti-depressants for the first 8 months the past 4 I have done nothing but eat right and exercise in order to balance out my moods. I'm 27 and feel bad about all the damage I did to my body as well so it feels good to work out and then treat it to something healthy. Plus I feel more confident in myself and low self esteem was a contributor to my drinking and wanting to fit into social situations.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! YOu'll find a lot of support from people who have been in your situation and understand.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Quickened

D
Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi, y'all. Just gotta say, first off, that getting registered in this forum was the hardest thing I've done since passing controls theory in college... JEEZ! I had to set up a whole new ***** mail account because when i set my other ones up probably a decade ago... I didn't use my real birth year. And now, being the type who is attracted to this kinda site (ifya know what I mean)... I have no IDEA what birth year I used.

And that "type in the six characters" thing is the hardest I've ever come upon... had to refresh five times before I even considered having a clue...

Reckon I'm here for a reason, tho. Sure I am, in fact. Hope it all works out good for all of us.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Quickened.... and puke...

Welcome to our SR Alcoholism Forum
Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! That means alot to me
Old 03-03-2011, 01:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Re:Howdy

Welcome...keep coming back