Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Oh my head, I'm gonna be... OK in the non-hangover blues

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Isn't it nice to wake up on New Year's Day and be able to function. Not having to pray to the porcelain and shiver at the tremors. The damp clammy feeling, that "I'm gonna barf at any second all day long feeling. The drained I can't believe I did this to myself feeling again.

I'm going to get myself together and go out, do some house chores and you know why? Because I can. I'm not sick from withdrawal and needing to waste all day in bed recuperating. What a relief.

Sorry to all the buggers out there sick in their beds right now but we're not. Let's go have some fun LOL.

Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you! (Although, I'm thinking about being lazy today. It's the New Year! Chores can wait until tomorrow for me. :P)
Old 01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, gosh, the hangovers. Nearly every day. So dehydrated, so tired, wishing I would just croak. Thank God that's over.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I realize reading this that it's the first new years DAY in I don't know how long that I haven't been drunk by now. I took my son to the park and played! How novel
Old 01-01-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my thoughts exactly. i felt bad last night, but woke up early, tired but not sick, and went to the YMCA. Lots of people there. I thank God for my old hangovers, because they were extremely painful. Headaches, puking, (more than a few times i had to pull the car over and barf on the freeway). My hangovers really hit me hard. I tried to change from beer to whiskey, to just whiskey and water, but whatever i did, i'd be sick, sick, sick. Sooo glad i found the willpower to put the only solution into play that works.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today is great day, its amazing what sobriety allows us to do. Happy new years to everyone!!!! Thank god for this wonderful life.