Notices

I Had a Dream Last Night...

Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Had a Dream Last Night...

I don't dream often, and if I do I don't normally remember them vividly, but this one I did and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I was in my house and I had 2 small bottles that I was trying to sneak out, I had one palmed in my hand and the other I put in my pocket. As I was walking out the door to go outside of the house I was confronted by my wife. She asked me to show what was in my hand and she saw it and took it from me. I continued out the door to my car where I pulled the other bottle out of my pocket, opened it and poured it out into the street then busted the bottle. Then I woke up.

Anyone here do dream analyzation?? I'm hoping it's a good sign!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

im no expert but looks like your sub concious is trying to tell you that you should not lie to your wife and you have the strength to quit drinking , and you probably feel very guilty when you lie to your wife about your drinking!!! ...i may be wrong though lol
Old 12-30-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I like that! My wife and I have a pretty open and honest relationship, except when I drank....I would lie about it. Makes perfect sense, and I know I have the strength, knowledge and support now to continue my sobriety. Thank you for the input!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

I have had and heard so many people talk about dreams of hiding bottles. I would say it's extremely common. I just assume it's the brain going through it's old "alcohol + guilt" files at night.

Yours is the first I've ever heard where the dreamee actually got rid of the bottle themselves though.

The one I get somewhat regularly is a dream where I find an empty bottle and I am frantic to conceal it from someone in or coming into the room.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I put dreams in the fantasy catagory SC....

Anyone here do dream analyzation??
No not me.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just staying active, and I love to fantasize! About my wife of course....
Old 12-30-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'd say this definitely means you're gonna win the lottery. Just play whatever numbers were in the dream. 2 bottles, 1 wife, 4 doors on the car. You can't lose ;-)

Man I dreamed I was still in the Air Force last night, although it's been 12 years. But I was also still in detox. So I was trying to explain to the scheduler why I couldn't fly, without having to tell him I was detoxing. I couldn't come up with a convincing lie, What a no-win situation!

BTW I didn't start drinking until AFTER I was discharged, so no cracks about drunk fliers, please!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
I don't dream often, and if I do I don't normally remember them vividly, but this one I did and I'm not sure what to make of it.
The fact that you're at this point might mean that your brain is healing and restorative sleep, by way of a dream state - REM sleep - is occurring.

This is a good thing, even if your dreams are really odd, if you don't remember dreaming for a long time.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Dreams are a chance for our brain to practice working on the things it is learning during daytime. So, dreams about not drinking or drinking are a good sign that you are working hard thinking about it in daytime... It is spilling over! I'm no expert really, but this is what I choose to believe about my own recovery dreams!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had some drink related dreams in the beginning and they seemed to be centered around me being sober yet feeling drunk and others thinking I was drunk....lol. Gave me a heart palpitations when I woke up!

I don't read into any of it much but I do think that because we are working in our recovery that maybe our concerns just pop up in our dreams.

I think I drank for so long that even I had to pinch myself to see if I really was sober since I forgot what it was like.

Those dreams did pass though