Notices

Smoking and Recovery

Old 12-29-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think it is different for everyone. I quit drinking for 7 months, then decided it was time to quit smoking. I made it about 2 weeks, then the anniversary of my 1st husband's death came and I broke down & bought a pack. I felt so disappointed in myself, that for the first time in months I began craving beer again. I had been really happy and peaceful in my sobriety. Call it addict thinking if you will, but I tend to be one of those "all or nothing" types. It took me about a year plus to sober up again. So for now, I am still smoking. Yes, I want to quit, but the next time I try, I will remember not to tie it to my precious sobriety.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I quit both at the same time. I started out as a only smoke when I drink person but then I was smoking more and more and so I just kind of decided to quit both at the same time, which i think helps because smoking may trigger me to want to drink
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hello,i wanna tell here smoke & drinking is not good for health.so we should care our health.alcohol also effects liver.so be happy...............

:day6
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Reggie,

I don't know what your current quitting status is but I just wanted to add to all the great replies.
I psychologically quit smoking long before I did physically.
It's been a few days since I have quit cold turkey, it's rough and a little more than I imagined (I saw a warning somewhere not to drive when going through withdrawals as the dizziness can impair your driving- they were right).

I would make sure you have a plan in place.
I wish the best of luck to you, it's very difficult, but so worth it. Thank you for posting.