Notices

Attitude..

Old 12-27-2010, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Attitude..

Attitude of Gratitude.. Let us Not Forget this very Simple but very Important Tool for Recovery. i Sometimes Forget just how fortunate i have been (and Still am today) there are Many,Many less fortunate people all around us All. in any given place at any time (Especially NOW) i am posting this to remind us all.. Gratitude can and will change your Attitude.. gratitude battery.JPG
my sponsor used to say: We got a Wrench for Every Nut.. (i Love That one!)
Old 12-27-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a good point - I think people tend to drag their self into wose problems becasue they are always worried about how bad thier life or problems are. I think people should spend allot more time looking around at how bad it really could be vs what life is for them.

Most times life is better than it could be - that is a fact!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JOBL View Post
This is a good point - I think people tend to drag their self into wose problems becasue they are always worried about how bad thier life or problems are. I think people should spend allot more time looking around at how bad it really could be vs what life is for them.

Most times life is better than it could be - that is a fact!
Most of the Time.. it is JOBL!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey man.

I totally agree that gratitude is fundamental to my recovery. I am grateful for my alcoholism as without being an alcoholic then I would never have found recovery and would have never experienced the stuff that I've experinced in the past 17+ months. There is no doubt that unless I was a drunk who accepted he was an alcoholic then words like gratitude, serenity, peace, spirituality etc would have been viewed as a load of mumbo-jumbo! I'd never really heard of this stuff before recovery and it developed organically over time.

I am a very grateful alcoholic. I can tell when my gratitude has slipped as it rubs off in my attitude, language, spirituality. That's when I know to reach out and work my recovery to get my gratitude back and I'm always so grateful when the gratitude comes back again.

Not only does it feel nice being grateful but it definately has knock on effects for those who are around you, it's nice being around grateful people.

Peace
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 24hrsAday View Post
Most of the Time.. it is JOBL!
I apologize if that came across the wrong way - it just seems that people dont practice that outlook on life enough
Old 12-27-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Thanks - I probably need that reminder every day! (love the battery image - maybe that will help it stick in my mind).....

It just takes a minute to count blessings, it's a simple process, and it costs nothing. I know it works, too - so for 2011 I think I'm going to start keeping a little daily journal (even if I only write down that "Today I have a roof over my head"*).

The more I think about it, the more I can see this whole issue of gratitude changing my life. Your post helped me do that. Here's to a grateful 2011.....

*I've been in the midst of a financial hole for two years now (artwork and a bad economy don't mix!) after being successful for 20 years. Some days I don't think about being grateful because the stress is so predominant. But now that I think about it, this is the time when I need gratitude the most.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The battery image is very appropriate!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i've found the SR gratitude threads here to be so important to me....no matter how the days start and end, i need to visit and post...it helps to ground me.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
i've found the SR gratitude threads here to be so important to me....no matter how the days start and end, i need to visit and post...it helps to ground me.
me too Fandy!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great thread and good point! I have problems but it could always be way worse so I do have a whole lot to be thankful for.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cool

I always remember this I hear shared by someone at a meeting I attend:

LIFE is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you deal with it.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cool

Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by Nyte Byrd View Post

Very True Nyte Byrd!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful i was able to get to a Meeting this morning! and it felt good to chair as well.. sometimes small meetings are real good!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

Was just in a bit of a spat this morning w/ the other half he was complaining bout the sillyest stupid things that were in his head , be it the lil piece of wood that falls all the time from the counters or the snow thats makin his life heck cuz he has to keep moving it ( its his job ) .

I quickly reminded him that at least you have a job and least we have a home with cabnits and not cardboard boxes and such . I told him try being a lil more greatful for what we DO HAVE .. some arnt so lucky

When I first got into recovery it was something that took me a while to get thu my dence head , Life anit always so rosy on the other side of the fence .

Im very greatful for the lil things in my life , Im very simple these days and after all its is the lil things in our lifes now that were sober/clean that make a world of difference and put smiles on our faces ! with graditude for this post today Huggles Endzy