Notices

Day 12 Sober

Old 12-24-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tips guys! Day 14 and I'm actually feeling a lot better than I have in a while (I think it really was the drinkin').

Anyway I'd personally rather steer clear of the "I"m not drinking because I want to be healthy" excuses... I don't want to have a "hey look at me!" drama vibe. I also don't want anyone to feel like I'm judging THEM since they will be drinking. But the antibiotics, tooth problems sounds like a good fib. "My turn to DD," something like that too.

Thanks for the support guys! Hope everyone has a fun, safe, dry holiday :-)
Old 01-01-2011, 02:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just an update... I guess I'm on day 21 or 3 weeks now. Apparently I picked a strange time to abstain from drinking with the holidays and all but I got through it okay. I haven't told anyone IRL the reason why I'm abstaining, but friends haven't questioned it. The biggest problem actually was my immediate family (bro and father). I was home for 5 nights and for 4 of them I kept being offered drinks and felt mocked for not accepting them. "Oh you have to try this drink I mixed." Or "oh this is really quality stuff, I insist." Stuff like that. And going to a grocery store only to end up at a bar with them. It was just frustrating because I didn't anticipate some of that.

But anyway I hope everyone had a good X-Mas and New Years!