Notices

Ready to blow it all

Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there.... in July I got a DUI and quit drinking immediately and made it sober for 2 months. Then I was having sleep problems and generally feeling down for myself so I turned to what I always did and started drinking. It seemed to help at first but eventually made things worse. I'd say just be strong and talk to someone if you're upset because drinking won't solve the issue... it will only temporarily numb the issue.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

littlefish...thanks for that descriptive word..."flashpoints"...very helpful.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Well done Julez...

See, you DID do something different. In the past, you prolly would have let that resentment grow, cut deeper, irritate you more.......and we all know what happens when an alcoholic is in too much pain for too long - we get drunk. We blow right past that willpower, right past that memory of our last drunk, right past the 'think through the drink,' right past it all.....

Ever get drunk AT someone? heh, I have. funny thing though.....it doesn't bother them too much and it darn near KILLS me......

Instead, you hopped on here, got honest, confessed to what's going on.......and I'm guessing that at least a little weight came off your shoulders after you did that. There's something about sharing a problem.....it usually does lighten the load.

Sounds like a good call on the "daughter inventory." I've done a lot of them like that......on just one person, just one event, just one principal....etc. Probably would recommend checking in with your sponsor as you finish each column go get some direction and help with the next column.

Column 1 is simple: daughter's name
Column 2 is fun: all the stuff she does that bothers and/or hurts you.
....columns 3 and 4 could be a little tougher and, like I said, I really recommend getting some assistance with them before you barrel through it. The BB has some reeeeeeeeeeally clear instructions (pausing, considering, praying, asking God, etc) that really makes all the difference in what you finish with being a laundry list or a proper inventory that you can do something with.

BTW.... Saturday AM the meeting is on @ Share the Gift. Can't think of a better way to start out yer Christmas. Wear warm clothes.......really warm clothes, if ya come (bring a hat and gloves too).
Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Julez, kids can really push buttons this I know for a fact, but being sober you will respond better, just think how bad you will hate yourself if you give in and relapse and then while under the influence say or do something you wouldn't do sober, being a perfectionist wow think of the remorse and guilt..I can completely relate, hang strong..
Old 12-23-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Ever get drunk AT someone? heh, I have. funny thing though.....it doesn't bother them too much and it darn near KILLS me......
Ain't this the truth.