Notices

How do you sit through boring meetings?

Old 12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark75 View Post
I felt a little uncomfortable after I posted my reply... I thought to myself, maybe I should have said it differently... That once I quit treating my lack of serenity, low self esteem and diminished self confidence with alcohol...

Thanx DayTrader...

Remember, Nacona, I hit it only because I recognized that very thing within myself...

No, Leave this thread up, As I said.... we are all on the same side... And this helps us all!!!

Mark
Thank you Mark. I learned in rehab, "if you spot it, you got it" so I figured you could relate. BUT because my emotions are all over the place, I PMd Carold and asked her to delete my post, but after what DayTrader said, I PMd her again and asked her to disregard.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by nacona View Post
Thank you Mark.
Well, don't thank him TOO much now.....

You know......some ARE sicker than others. (pssst, that's Mark they're talking about). He can identify with ANYONE!!! LOLOLOLOL
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

haha that was funny!! They even have ghost tours now. I've been there several times but the most fun was with my daughter - we left the tour group to ghost hunt on our own and got SOOOO scared we went running back to the group.

I spent the night there once too, but I was drinking then - so I wasn't scared..haha
I've heard of the ghost tours. Big ship it is, though it was a tour in the beginning, but I guess they added some ghost in the mix. Whats the story behind the ghost? Someone fell overboard or something?

We used to run my friends boat alongside the QE2 to heckle the tourist. But got pulled over and hassled by the harbor patrol once. So we stopped that buzz kill maneuver.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you Mark. I learned in rehab, "if you spot it, you got it" so I figured you could relate.
'Got to feel it to heal it' is one rehab instruction that I still use today. Feelings come up, unpleasant feelings from active addiction. Such strong emotions can serve as a place to start feeling and just let it feel as it is...knowing that its right and natural to have these feelings...but this time without judgment or expectations put on those feelings. Allowing feelings to arise and subside...no judgment...just let them happen and not put anything on them...only to feel. Then let them pass...its okay to do that...again without judgment or expectations of how it should, must, or has to be to feel.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
I've heard of the ghost tours. Big ship it is, though it was a tour in the beginning, but I guess they added some ghost in the mix. Whats the story behind the ghost? Someone fell overboard or something?

We used to run my friends boat alongside the QE2 to heckle the tourist. But got pulled over and hassled by the harbor patrol once. So we stopped that buzz kill maneuver.
I don't remember the origin of the stories anymore, but you can google them. We did our research, my daughter and I, before we went on the "ghost hunt" though and knew which rooms were haunted.

The tour guide wasn't taking us on the floor that the haunted cabin was, so that's why we broke away to go on our own. But we got so scared when we were outside the haunted cabin, that we ran screaming back to the tour.

It was awhile ago, and I've killed a ton of brain cells since then, so I can't remember the details. The picture that you saw in my photo album was when I went to stay the weekend on the ship and that was a couple of years ago; my BF at the time didn't want to hear ANYTHING about ghosts, so I didn't get to go on a hunt that weekend.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

'Got to feel it to heal it' is one rehab instruction that I still use today. Feelings come up, unpleasant feelings from active addiction. Such strong emotions can serve as a place to start feeling and just let it feel as it is...knowing that its right and natural to have these feelings...but this time without judgment or expectations put on those feelings. Allowing feelings to arise and subside...no judgment...just let them happen and not put anything on them...only to feel. Then let them pass...its okay to do that...again without judgment or expectations of how it should, must, or has to be to feel.
I like this a lot....thanks
Old 12-18-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lol...when I saw the title of this thread I thought you were talking about work meetings...and I thought...man she must have a terrible job...

Congrats on 90 days!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I don't remember the origin of the stories anymore, but you can google them. We did our research, my daughter and I, before we went on the "ghost hunt" though and knew which rooms were haunted.

The tour guide wasn't taking us on the floor that the haunted cabin was, so that's why we broke away to go on our own. But we got so scared when we were outside the haunted cabin, that we ran screaming back to the tour.

It was awhile ago, and I've killed a ton of brain cells since then, so I can't remember the details. The picture that you saw in my photo album was when I went to stay the weekend on the ship and that was a couple of years ago; my BF at the time didn't want to hear ANYTHING about ghosts, so I didn't get to go on a hunt that weekend.
I'll have to look into that. I love a good ghost story...very interesting stuff. Although I'm a first class skeptic, I still am fascinated in what others experience. Sharing those experiences vitalize my essence non the less. Its all good however it comes across to me
Old 12-18-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Lol...when I saw the title of this thread I thought you were talking about work meetings...and I thought...man she must have a terrible job...

Congrats on 90 days!
I always forget that this site isn't just a 12-step AA site.
Which brings up this idea I have floating around in my head:

I see links to websites that offer different kinds of recovery information, but I am afraid to even look at them.

I know this sounds strange, but I am afraid that my disease (f'd up head) will say...."you don't need AA/NA - you can try ______". Then what I will do is try ______ and end up drinking or using again.

I'm key ray zee
Old 12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'll have to look into that. I love a good ghost story...very interesting stuff. Although I'm a first class skeptic, I still am fascinated in what others experience. Sharing those experiences vitalize my essence non the less. Its all good however it comes across to me
My daughter and I did have a couple of very strange experiences with something down in the pool area on the ship, but I didn't want to post that.....I sound crazy enough as it is.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have an awesome first hand ghost story about a haunted barn.

I used to keep my horse at a really old barn on the estate of a wealthy family. The barn had two aisles which were separated by a tiled, vaulted center area where they kept the carriages in the old days. One night I was waiting for my Mom to pick me up (I was 15) and I heard the distinct sound of a horse walking across the tiles. I of course assumed a horse was loose so I did a barn check...every horse was in their stall!

Boo!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My daughter and I did have a couple of very strange experiences with something down in the pool area on the ship, but I didn't want to post that.....I sound crazy enough as it is.
Now I so curious I cant stand it. Off to Google land and see whats up...
Old 12-18-2010, 06:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

P.s.- the mansion on the water that this barn belongs to has sat empty for 50 years...rumour has it its because of the ghosts! And they aren't nice ones either! The estate was built by robbed barons after all
Old 12-18-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I have an awesome first hand ghost story about a haunted barn.

I used to keep my horse at a really old barn on the estate of a wealthy family. The barn had two aisles which were separated by a tiled, vaulted center area where they kept the carriages in the old days. One night I was waiting for my Mom to pick me up (I was 15) and I heard the distinct sound of a horse walking across the tiles. I of course assumed a horse was loose so I did a barn check...every horse was in their stall!

Boo!

Boo! haha that was funny. Soooo are you saying that horses can haunt places too????? spooooky

The night my cat, Nacona, died last year, I got into bed and as soon as I pulled the cover up, I felt him jump on the foot of my bed (like usual) and walk up the side of my body and lay on my pillow - that was our nightly routine. The was the last I "heard" from him.....
Old 12-18-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

P.s.- the mansion on the water that this barn belongs to has sat empty for 50 years...rumour has it its because of the ghosts! And they aren't nice ones either! The estate was built by robbed barons after all
Now I'm scared.

Where is the haunted barn? And have you heard anything about it since?
Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Now I so curious I cant stand it. Off to Google land and see whats up...
Let me know what you find....zero in on the pool area - especially the showers....

Saturday night ghost stories....and I live alone...waaaa
Old 12-18-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm an visual/autority learner, so I watched this.

Creapy for sure...then the fouttsteps..fouttsteps...fouttsteps.

I have have to have fun with this otherwise I would go bonkers....being a double-trouble addict and all.

I mean I've battled with Jesus and Satan in my disease. Now that ghostly stuff.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

The barn is in CT on long island sound...the doors open andc shut too sometimes but that could be explained...there is no mistaking the sound of a metal shod horse walking across a tile floor. But a ghost horse isn't scary...the mansion was scary...I got freaked riding by it in daylight. Very few people have access to the estate....but sometimes I walk by it at night....I can't see the barn or mansion from the road (they've got a couple hundred acres) but even the fields and pine trees are spooky.

There are plenty of things that go bump in the night...I don't think its smart to discount them....perhaps we need a supernatural section on SR...this isnthe second conversation I've had this month on the subject.

Oh and don't get me started about the drunk ghost in the house I grew up in!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

SEEE SEEE SEEE it's in the pool area.....aaaarrrrgghhhh - OMG This is one area that Brandy and I went off by ourselves again and we both had experiences in the pool area.....wow wee....freaky

I wanna go back.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The barn is in CT on long island sound...the doors open andc shut too sometimes but that could be explained...there is no mistaking the sound of a metal shod horse walking across a tile floor. But a ghost horse isn't scary...the mansion was scary...I got freaked riding by it in daylight. Very few people have access to the estate....but sometimes I walk by it at night....I can't see the barn or mansion from the road (they've got a couple hundred acres) but even the fields and pine trees are spooky.

There are plenty of things that go bump in the night...I don't think its smart to discount them....perhaps we need a supernatural section on SR...this isnthe second conversation I've had this month on the subject.

Oh and don't get me started about the drunk ghost in the house I grew up in!
I lived in CT when I was 8 for a short time. I don't remember the town's name but the housing development was called Possum Ridge and I lived on Possum Road and there was a lake down the street.....BUT there was also a haunted house outside of the development...it had a well in the front yard and the kids called it the October house. There is so much history out East that there are probabaly a ton of good ghost stories....and we SHOULD start a supernatural thread....you first.