Notices

The Big Jump

Old 12-13-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Big Jump

Well, after months of being sober I went on a three week binge and am checking into an In-Patient rehab today. I spent the morning on the phone w/ different facilities crying and telling my sob story. I can't go on like this. It's my first time in a rehab and I'm scared and not sure what to expect.

I had to call my Boss and tell her what has been going on (SO humiliating) Luckily she is understanding and putting me on a leave of absence. But I feel I'll never live this one down at work. The facade finally came to a screeching halt today....
Old 12-13-2010, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Congratulations on your brave decision, Cindi, and good luck as you enter rehab. I am so glad your boss is understanding.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My experience at rehab was that it was a structured program designed to teach us the tools we'd need to continue with our recovery. I kind of chafed at all the 'structure' but it was helpful. Good luck to you in rehab.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best as you move forward into a sober future
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rehab will give a safe, sober environment, with people with similar problems/addictions, it isn't easy, but can be very positive, no reason to second guess your desicion as you have made the right on.. God bless you and keep you..
Old 12-13-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was scared to death when I first went into the hospital. They gave me medications to make the detox process much safer and they also gave me meds to make me much more comfortable. Turned out for me that it changed my entire life. I hooked up with AA while they visited the hospital and I have been sober since.

Look at it as an opportunity to change your life for the better. Being sober makes life so much easier.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's a great move Cindi - I hope this will be the turning point for you

good luck
D
Old 12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

You'll do great! See you on the flipside!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think you made the brave choice Cyndi. I'm sure you are in pain now, but I'm pretty sure you will not regret your decision.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go for it! Be proud of yourself. Don't worry about others. You are doing the best thing!!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Inpatient rehab gave me a much-needed chance to work on sobriety without the distractions of a busy and stressful life. It's a very positive decision even though we're at our lowest when we go in.

Just like you, I hated that people knew, but everyone was so supportive. In the end, it meant a lot that people cared so much.

(It's also great not having to cook!)
Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you. I hope you found a good place and will get what you need out of it.

As for work, it sounds like your boss is understanding, and no one else needs to know. You've got an illness, and you're getting medical treatment for it. It's true. Other work stuff, you should qualify for protections like FMLA and disability pay, assuming you're eligible, etc..
Old 12-14-2010, 12:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

inpatient is well worth it. I did it and it gave me lots of time to reflect and get away from my head and find out what I wanted in life. It gives you tools and ideas on ways to deal with issues. Good luck and good decsions.