Notices

The art party update.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile The art party update.

I was very sick with bronchitis. So I went with herbal teas and vitamin C. Seeing my friends however, one in particular was so fantastic. I've been missing him for quite awhile and he is just a doll. I do feel the need to address some of the judgements and assumptions made on my previous thread. 1) My friends aren't "drinking buddies" They are accomplished and published artists. They are becoming more successful and it did my heart so much good to see them before they leave for Japan. 2) I don't appreciate being indirectly called "stupid", by anyone- ever. that is not constructive input.

On the downside- my boyfriend (or so I thought) was intimidated by the people there- art center owners, published cartoonists and established ceramicists and such were present. They were also showing and selling their work. This fed his own insecurities and I could see him getting upset that 1) People enjoy talking to me and 2) I hung two paintings that attracted interest and conversation. So he engaged in some very obvious flirting with another woman. Then he called me creepy and jealous when I noted it, and dumped me. Oh how insecurities play out. If people would only get a hobby. It was very good for me to see my friends- their presence reminded me that I actually deserve better treatment and am quite capable of attaining it. And that does my heart good.

And thank you all for caring and responding.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're ill and sorry about your bf - but I'm glad everything else went well, Sleepie

D
Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on having a plan and making it through the party sober. Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I find that bad things still happen in my life sober but something more positive is usually around the corner.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Haha Dime I guess life came up with a plan for me- bronchitis! The bf doesn't bother me much. I am not going to take on someone's insecurities. I work quite a bit at addressing my issues, so I'm really not about to take on somebody else's. I'm not perfect or anything near it by any means, but heck at least I try.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

In future if anybody sees a post they think breaks our rules, please report it.
The Forum Team does it's best, but we can't be everywhere, ya know?

D
Old 12-12-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We should all try to speak from our own experience only. Well meaning advice can come across all wrong and, in fact, can actually be all wrong. Glad it went well, it doesn't always though, my first big party sucked, that was 2 years ago... looking forward to the big one here this friday, no worries... I got lots of awesome new eclectic christmas music to play in the background...

Sounds like you have a lot goin' on sleepie, that's awesome. I always wanted to be more artistically creative... but my talents lay elsewhere, and that's OK...

Keep comin' back!!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was watching for this, and I'm glad it sounds like you got through the challenge you were worried about.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok....I removed some posts here that referred to and quoted some posts from a closed thread.

Again - please report posts. Reposting them here is not the way to report them.

The previous thread referred to has now been removed entirely. Let's move on.

D
Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think you have the kind of attitude that will take you far..some things happen for a reason...time to enjoy your life and be the person you really deserve to be..and that is you thats deep inside...its you that is keeping you sober and its you who will take you to your next place. keep smiling and be proud of yourself every morning you wake up !
Old 12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Well done sleepie, congrats for making it through the party sober.

Concerning the now ex-bf, you're problably better off without someone who is unable to be happy for you if you are getting some positive attention from others.

I'm really glad everything else went well and that you were able to have a good time with your friend. That and your success in staying sober is someting that will nurture your self esteem and will always be a good memory to think of on bad days. I hope you get rid of the bronchitis soon too,
LS
Old 12-12-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on surviving the party and having a good time...despite the before who doesn't sound likebhe was worth the trouble :-)

Way to go!