Notices

Do People "Slip" More During Holidays

Old 12-11-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
You're not here at all to maintain your sobriety? Every post you make is altruistic?

I do live in the real world--imagine that. Reading and posting has assisted me greatly, and along with my treatment for depression, my way works for me. I would never have thought to get sober without this place.
Really happy for you Bam, you've found something that works for you and that is great, i mean that:-)

Personally i would be screwed if i relied on any external to stay sober...that includes AA meetings...i had to recover to stand a chance at having a happy and full life...

Why do i keep coming back here? Now...lets put it like this if it was possible to prove that none of my posts helped anybody else i wouldn't come back, why would i?

In early sobriety SR was a great tool, along with AA meetings, whilst working the steps with my sponsor...then it turned into a way to hopefully pass on my ESH so it may help someone else...

I suppose in a way i fel like SR was here for me when i needed it and now i think i feel like i would like to keep supporting it...

Good question because i was thinking about that the other day!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is about the fifth time today...so I'll just quote myself

Originally Posted by that Mod bloke
If folks want to have a personal debate take it to PM.
Let stick to the OP and the topic at hand, thanks.
Thanks
D
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Absolute Evil

Originally Posted by least View Post
Holidays were never a trigger for me. What my biggest trigger was is being home alone. Now that I'm a year sober (and happily so) I have no fear of being tempted, in social situations or home alone. So no, the holidays don't tempt me any more than any other day.
Same here...

I never had any urges to drink around other people, primarily because I got very obnoxious (I am, anyway) and knew most couldn't handle my sh*t-talking...

I'm on my 2nd weekend, now.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think Marks kind of nailed it....holidays are problematic for everyone alcoholic or not....how we choose to handle it is up to us.

I've scheduled an extra session with my coach to help deal with some of my holiday/family issues...I am not doing this because I am afraid I am going to drink I am doing it because in my sobriety I have found a desire to be happy and I have realized that to be happy I must deal with my issues rather than drinking to numb them away.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

There is no way to be accurate about anyone's drinking
that I know.....only your own.

I won't be drinking ...hope other alcoholics won't either.