Notices

ME,me,me!!!!

Old 12-04-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober member

ME,me,me!!!!

hi peoples,I'm Patrick and I am an alcoholic.
just wanted to give some incite on my replies to topics here on why i am not giving advice and just telling about MY situations.

i'm only 23 days sober from weed and beer,i dont think im ready to give advice for people in early recovery as i just started this journey myself.i am NOT self-centered and only want to talk about myself,unlike my usual alcoholic thinking that i am trying to overcome.

i felt the need to let the forum know this,probably did not have to explain myself but wanted to for me,lol,there i go again with the me,me,me!

wish everyone the best and will be here to 'help' when i feel ready.

thanks,
Patrick
Old 12-04-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Patrick....and welcome (back, I guess). I'm not sure "advice" is the greatest term for what we share. All any of us have is our own experiences, and yours are as valid as those of anyone else. Read, share, whatever works for you!

Congratulations on starting again. I have done so several times and its never easy!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My Father always said 'You are never too young to give advice and you are never too old to take it.'

Hey man, pretty soon you wont feel the need to justify your actions to anyone.

Welcome and good luck.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's been a difficult road for you
Glad to know you have 23 days Patrick....
Old 12-04-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am not self centered either so it was very hard to put myself first early on in my sobriety. I looked at it as an investment though. Yes it was tough but very well worth it!

At some point, you may see others going through the same thing you are now and want to give back. But focusing on yourself right now is a great mindset.

Dave
Old 12-04-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Homer - I disagree with you. You have 23 days in and those are some of the hardest days there are. I think you have a lot you can share, but certainly don't have to. Best of luck my friend...
Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 23 days Patrick. I am 3 days behind you and I hope it stays this way
Old 12-04-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

i'm only 23 days sober from weed and beer

WOW Patrick, now that is something I was beginning to doubt I would ever see you write.

Way to go!!!!!!!

Yes, in early recovery it is about "ME, ME, ME"! So you go ahead and post as much as you need to. Ask any question you may have. Remember, the only 'dumb' question is the one not asked.

May I ask what your plans are for continuing to add to this 23 days of sobriety? Do you have anything set up for yourself to keep you moving forward?

Sure am glad to see here again Patrick!

Love and hugs,
Old 12-04-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DukeBurger View Post
Congrats on 23 days Patrick. I am 3 days behind you and I hope it stays this way
Im 1 day ahead or you, yet two behind patrick. And yes lets keep the gaps constant.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really proud of you man - 23 days is great.

I think you're doing just fine - no need to second guess yourself, mate - we never know when what we write, whatever it is or what it's about, may help someone else

D
Old 12-04-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Paddy and welcome,

I'm not too self-centred and a lot of alcoholics actually drink because they care too much about stuff.

Some days I feel like I can offer something worthwhile, other days I go "jesus I can barely help myself", other days just too busy and sometimes I am a little bit self-centred.....but that's alright.....you have to care about yourself. It's healthy you know!

Take it easy,

Annette
Old 12-05-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober member

thanks and some points made i didnt even think about,so thanks for that too
Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Hi Patrick -

Congrats on your progress and sobriety. Frankly, we like people making their sobriety their #1 priority (as without it, the rest doesn't matter). So, I don't consider it self-centered, just you focused on the right priority.

But, you also have a tremendous amount of experience, strength, and hope that you can share with others who are a few days behind you to many years ahead of you -- as all of us are just one drink away from being right back where we started.

So, do what helps you the most right now. As I got further into my recovery, I realized how much helping other people actually helped me. This is normal. Just focus on one day at a time and doing an active program of recovery. For me, those are critical.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Patrick,

I can really relate to what you're saying. I'm 12 days sober and feel I'm not long enough in this to be in a position to give advise when I'm barely able to figure it for myself. I feel at this point all I can give is encouragement I guess.

Congraulations on 23 days - or 24 as it probably is now. Looking forward to being in the 20s myself

M
Old 03-17-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

hey Homer,are you still out there somewhere?
Old 03-18-2021, 02:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Tommy - looks like he has not visited for a long time.

"Last Activity: 03-03-2013 10:26 AM"