SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I had My Baby yesterday. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/214481-i-had-my-baby-yesterday.html)

pinkfirefly 11-30-2010 08:06 PM

I had My Baby yesterday.

I have posted things on here before about my drinking problem. just wanted to let every one know that I had my baby boy yesterday, by c section. he weighs almost 8 pounds, and is 20 inches long. he is so handsome and sweet, so precious. i am so in love with him already. i feel so ashamed of some of the stuff I did during my pregnancy. like some light drinking, and some of my dxm over doses. I wish it had never happened. but I can't take back the past. He seems healthy, and he checks out well with the pediatrition. his mouth quivers a little bit, which worries me, about with drawls possibly. but the doctor says it can be normal for new borns to do that when first born. and could be some slight withdrawls from some of my anti depressants i was taking. what do you think. I just will die if i hurt him in any way.

Dee74 11-30-2010 08:21 PM

Best of luck to you and your son PFF - congratulations :)

D

Impurrfect 11-30-2010 08:22 PM

(((Pink))) - congratulations!!! I don't know what to say about your concerns...is your dr. aware of what meds you were taking?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

pinkfirefly 11-30-2010 08:27 PM

yea. my doctor is aware of every thing i was taking.

doggonecarl 11-30-2010 08:33 PM

A son! That's wonderful, Pink. I pray that your struggles pass and that recovery brings you as much joy as your new baby.

AmericanGirl 11-30-2010 08:36 PM

congratulations, pink! I hope you find comfort in what the pediatrician says and I wish you the happiest of days . . .

Toronto68 11-30-2010 08:42 PM

Pink, I like the idea of going with what the doctor says when it comes to the baby and your own health too for that matter; and going with opinions here for encouragement and ideas on staying away from substance abuse.

Impurrfect 11-30-2010 08:43 PM

(((Pink))) - then I would take your pediatrician's word that your son is just fine:) Though recovery should be done for YOU, you now have an extra very special reason.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

LaFemme 11-30-2010 08:45 PM

Congratulations on your son! Listen to your doctor and don't borrow trouble. Enjoy your precious child.

MsCooterBrown 11-30-2010 09:35 PM

Congrats on the birth of your son Pink!! Babies are the best.

Soberween 12-01-2010 03:23 AM

I have a friend whose parents both died unexpectantly (separately a few months apart) when she was pregnant. She took a strong anti-depressant under a doctor's supervision to get her through her grief. Her son is now 12 years old and perfectly healthy and happy.

Kmber2010 12-01-2010 03:28 AM

Congrats and all the best Pink. Sounds like he is doing great and while we can't change our past we can change today. Wish you well!

SSIL75 12-01-2010 05:03 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the world, baby Pink :) So happy you are both doing well :hug:

hope51 12-01-2010 05:16 AM

Congratulations to you and your new little guy!! Like an earlier poster said, now you have a special new reason to keep you going in your recovery!

least 12-01-2010 05:27 AM

Congrats on the birth and your baby's good health. I hope you use his good health as another reason to stay clean and sober to be the best mom you can be.:)

Hollyanne 12-01-2010 05:31 AM

Congratulations!
Do you now have to change your name to Bluefirefly?
We will be needing a picture ASAP.
Glad you can relax now and be a super mother and work on that sobriety thing.
You have to just go with the docs and stop worrying about things so much.
Well maybe there is a possibility that he may want to get a motorbike!!!!!!

Fandy 12-01-2010 06:47 AM

congrats on your baby....I wish you both the very best in health. take your good feelings and use them to help you be a happy, strong mom. if you get discouraged, reach out first, there is always someone here to talk to.

sleepie 12-01-2010 07:50 AM

Toronto put it well. He's here, love and care for him and things will go for the best. Congratulations on your new arrival! :bbj:

CarolD 12-02-2010 04:20 AM

Congratulations to you and all my best to
both of your young children.....:yup: