Notices

A month and a half ago...

Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A month and a half ago...

I was feeling totally lost. I was in a very dark place, October was a really hard month and I didn't think I'd get out. I had resigned myself to the idea that I was probably going to die drinking. I would come and read stories here on the forum and think that I was one of the ones that wouldn't recover.

I had managed to dig myself into a hole so deep and dark with alcohol that I didn't even know where to begin in getting out. Today I can happily say I have 30 days without alcohol and I pray to God I'll be posting about many more.

On my second week I had a very strong urge to drink it was a really hard day to get through. This past weekend I had a minor urge but it was gone as fast as it came. To all those who are still struggling on the first days I wish you luck and my prayers are with you. Hang in there, it does get better.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. 30 days. wow. you are an inspiration.

Day 17 here. I will make it to 30, one day at a time.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great work !! Today is the most important day of your miracle once again. Everyday forward can be a gift of freedom. I have over 2700 days, but today is the day. Today is the day I have another chance to do anything life has to offer. For over 12,000 days, I was a captive of my best friend and partner, beverage Alcohol,now - no longer! Today is the only day promised, make it a sober day of learning and growing. Today is truly is the best day