Notices

Just a little quote..

Old 11-27-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Just a little quote..

So I got this quote from a guy who shared last night at the meeting and it hit me pretty hard because it is so true to me and has so much meaning from so little words.

"I know I will die with this disease of alcoholism but it's my choice not to die from it." -V

It is an ever reminder that I do have to work my program of recovery for the rest of my life and carry on that message to others still suffering and that I have a past that I cannot run away from, but learn from, and a rebirth to move forward with in sobriety. It is a life long journy that I am grateful to have the choice take.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Very true. I'll always be an alcoholic, but it doesn't mean that I have to drink. If I don't want to be back in the dark times I have to stay connected and give away what was freely given to me if I want to keep it. Also I must never forget my past but embrace it, so I don't get back there. I remember during the thick of my disease those mornings I'd wake up so sick and hung over from the night before I'd make promises to myself to never drink again, promises with complete sincerity. But once I felt better I would forget how bad I was feeling and be back at it again.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
High on Life

That's pretty deep