Notices

HomerSimpson

Old 10-31-2003, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HomerSimpson

I hope you are still checking in on the boards even if not posting. I and others on this board worry when someone like you are missing. I was thinking about you last night on the way home from work. I passed a couple of bars and there were a couple of people that reminded me of myself. I then thought of you still being out there. I hope you can find your way back. I was talking to someone the other day about the bars having to different faces. I don't know if others can relate but, there is the face in the drinking area of people laughing and look like they are having a great time. They are neatly dressed and trying to put their best foot forward. Then, I go into the mens room and I see the other face. Many times the same people, getting sick, trying to compose themself before returning to the stage to act like everything is fine. I see others looking in the mirror wondering why again. Others I heard on the cell phones telling the same lies I told to my loved ones worried at home. You see once you go to AA or post on a board like this you open yourself up to people that care about you. Sometimes, I didn't know how to deal with that and I would run. Please don't run. I think others also
are thinking of you. You had alot to offer us. Don W
Old 11-02-2003, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey don and others,how are you? Im ok here.Been drinking a six pack or more everyday except for halloween.Today I will start my non drinking thing again.be good
Old 11-02-2003, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

hi Homer

Good for you....:clap :clap :clap

The only failure is to give up.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great news Homer! I've been worried about you and glad to see you'll be joining us again. We miss you around here.

Hugs and love,
Anna
Old 11-02-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Every sunrise brings a new chance, a new opportunity.

Never, ever give up.......there is always a miracle waiting for you..to show up.

You're worth it, and the hard part in the beginning is worth it.

We all care about you. Let us know how it's going?
Old 11-02-2003, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Homer, your attitude is awesome.

Its really good to have you around.

Amy
Old 11-02-2003, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Keep stepping forward!
Old 11-03-2003, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Homer, I am so glad you are OK. Just take it a day at a time. As you can read we all care about each other. We either are where you at, or have been there. The biggest thing is not that you drank but, you have not lost the desire to stop drinking. You will reach your goal. Keep posting and try to get to some type of support group. I am at work so I can't stay to long. I am going to see my VA doctor Tuesday. It is getting close to 6 months. This is sort of a progress repot. We can adjust medication, program etc. Also, I will get a little pat on the back for following the program. Although I hate to admit it, I sort of look forward to it. Like I said keep it simple and a day at a time. That is all any of us has really. Don W