Notices

A taste of the promises!

Old 11-27-2010, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A taste of the promises!

Well, I recently had a significant binge. It was the final slip for me. It made me realise that I cannot function and live life if I put alcohol into my body as it is like a poison to me, hurting me physically, emotionally and spiritually.

I talked about it with a good AA friend and she said next time you hear that little voice in your head telling you that you can drink because you've grown by doing a bit of AA, tell it to F**k off. It's my addiction trying to suck me in again.

My children are happy and joyful, my relationship with my husband has never been better, although we are still separated and if it remains that way, well that's God's will. I've gotten a wonderful job and I love it. My friend said you are getting a taste of the promises and don't let my addiction fukk it all up for me. It is true.......I was listening to Van Morrison's song Days like These, and I just realised that yeah, being sober, every day is a great day!!!

I find it hard to express the gratitude I feel to SR and the people on this site. I found a place where I could open up even though I was a complete mess because of drinking. I got great advice from reading posts and was able to identify when I was still so messed up I couldn't coherently express my emotions. I thank all of you, the one's who like me and the one's who don't because I've learned and grown from interacting with the SR community.

Tolerance does not mean to tolerate, it means allowing a person to be who they are and accept them and treat them with dignity and respect. So many people here have been patient with me and given me time to find myself again. Thanks for the tolerance I find here on SR.

God be with you.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back! I hope you can amp up your efforts after learning from this experience. AA is a great program and it works WHEN you work it!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

Welcome back!! I really got a lot out of your post... Tolerance is something that I have to work with every day... A big part of my inventory are resentments I have towards people that I do not practice good tolerance with. I find that if I practice these steps and keep a conscious contact with God these resentments become few and far. Although they still pop up from time to time, I am grateful that I have the tools to use patience in everything I do. As a result I build better relationships with people I may not see myself even speaking to, and it also builds my ability and motivation to reach out and see what I can do for others, taking away selfish thoughts and actions.

Welcome back again and thanks for sharing!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Forward we go....side by side
Good to see you sharing again.....
Old 11-28-2010, 02:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this post. Really touched me personally. Posts like these give us all hope.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Huggs Away