Notices

A wake up call from the past

Old 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A wake up call from the past

A few days ago I was just at home, trying really hard to fight the urge to drink. It was one of those moments when I really felt on the verge to giving in. The phone rang and it was my ex boyfriend that I haven't heard from in a few years.

I was shocked, I had hoped that I would never hear from this guy again, our relationship was mainly about drinking together( and for him doing lots and lots of drugs).
He did more then a few things to me that made me not want to see his face ever again.

Anyway, he was in such a bad condition. His voice was very slurry, he had been at a psychiatric ward for 27 months, and he was waiting for an operation (due to the fact that he has ruined his body).
Even though I hate him, I can't help but feeling sorry for him. It was so sad.

The point is that it was a wake up call for me. My urge to drink went away and I came to think about how happy I am after all, about being sober, about having my health ( even though everything is not 100% good).
I'm happy that I have left my drinking days behind me, and that I have a good sober future ahead of me! I don't want the future that I'll have if I go back to drinking!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good thinking.......
Forward is the correct direction
Old 11-22-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow that is a long time to be in hospital...........

xx
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! There is nothing like the reality check of having a phone call like that. This disease is unrelenting and has a way of letting us forget how bad it was and remember the times that it used to work. Problem is once we cross the line into alcoholism it never works again.

Congrats!