Notices

Today is day number TWO!!! WOO-HOO! :)

Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is day number TWO!!! WOO-HOO! :)

Day number TWO, woo-hoo!! My first day number TWO in over 10 years. My first intentional day number two ever. Took awhile to get to day number one. Man, I've struggled with getting to day number one. I made up my mind to give up drinking for one day, yesterday. Almost lost it when I went to an 11:30 am AA meeting (my first AA meeting) and it was cancelled. Feeling REALLY rough by the next meeting at 7:00 pm (which turned out to be my first meeting) but it did help me get throught the rest of the night without a drink. Last night sucked. Cold sweats, joints hurt, insomnia, and major leg cramps. But today is a new day. I will not drink today, and God give me the strength to make it to the 8:15 AA meeting tonight.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep it up you can do this! Think about how great it will be not having to go through "Cold sweats, joints hurt, insomnia, and major leg cramps" I know I sure don't miss those.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Zube, hang in there!!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Congrats Zube..... and keep up that prayin'

I've found that's the only thing I can do to maintain any respectable / enjoyable level of sobriety. Once I fiiiiiiiiinally turned my drinking and my living problems over to our HP, I found that "not drinking" got a whoooooooole lot easier. Simple almost... like....not even something I had to consciously think about anymore. (and I'm talking about when I was in early sobriety) As long as I thought I had it on my own, or would will myself to stay sober....I never did. When I started asking my HP for help.....man, it was like a 1000lbs. came off my shoulders.

Keep plugging along as best you can but keep asking whatever God is out there for help - it'll make a huge difference.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Riding my "2nd Day" high from this morning has suddenly worn off. Stomach cramps and cold shivers while sitting here at work. Funny how quick "Day # 2 Woo-Hoo" can turn into "Day # 2 Boo-Hoo" One hour at a time. One minute at a time. Get to the meeting, get to the meeting, get to the meeting tonight. Don't drink today, don't drink today, don't drink today!!! God grant me serenity...
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hang in there zube. know that you are not alone.

I'm Day 9, but this past friday (my Day 6) was rough. Real rough. I got through with the help of the people here.

Stick around. Read and post.

there is a tremendous amount of support here.

-SD
Old 11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Simple but not easy. We are beyond human aid. There is one who has all power. Pray for god to take the craving and the obsession, whether or not you believe.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

C'mon Zube, a few more hours and you'll be able to go to the meeting. Hold off, you can do it!!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Julez! God works in myterious ways, I was dreading having to suffer until an 8:15pm AA meeting, and just discovered a 5:30 meeting! Still feel like I'm dragging a grand piano around behind me, but it's been downsized to a baby-grand! God, get me to 5:30, that's all I'm askin' right now! If I can get to 5:30, I know I can get to 8:15... and if I can get to 8:15, I know I can make it through the day.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

You've got the right idea, Zube! Just keep focusing on the minute or hour at hand and do whatever it takes to not pick up that drink. It will get easier and you'll begin to love those morning times!

Way to go!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
Still feel like I'm dragging a grand piano around behind me, but it's been downsized to a baby-grand! God, get me to 5:30, that's all I'm askin' right now! If I can get to 5:30, I know I can get to 8:15... and if I can get to 8:15, I know I can make it through the day.
Thanks Zube, for reminding me of when I had those feelings. Boy, can I identify. Don't feel like you're "bothering" God by asking for His help all the time (I used to feel like that all the time.....still do, on occasion, even now). He WANTS us to ask - so take Him up on the offer.