Notices

Not giving up

Old 11-22-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not giving up

Sat sucked --bad. I do believe that God has given me yet Another chance to get my act together and beat this damn addiction before something really bad happens and I do believe it will if I continue. Gonna take the plunge today and ask someone in the program to be my temp sponsor. (and I'm nervous to do that but needs to be done)

cunning, baffeling and powerful - yep. Thought for sure last weekend I was done. Damn..
Old 11-22-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can skip the bs of trying to stay sober alone and get a "full time" sponsor, work the steps asap and get your spiritual awakening...and as a result recover from alcoholism...when you are reaady its waiting for you:-)
Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I hear ya belle, but I also hear gr8....

better to have some help in the fellowship than none at all, that's for sure. real help, "the good stuff" comes from outside the fellowship though.....so if you're looking for a sponsor, make sure you're asking your HP for some help in finding the right person. On my own, (ie, without some HP guidance) I have learned not to trust my best thinking.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Excellent Belle. Reaching out and asking for help is exactly what we all need to do, this plays a huge part in starting AA seriously. Admitting defeat and asking for help is the first step on the way to learning the humility we need to recover.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate how my alkie mind thinks. I hate asking for help. did that before when i was sure I was done drinking and I wasn't. I hate feeling like why bother if I'm just gonna go back to drinking when the dust settles. I know that's just my addiction talking to me, but it is what it is. Need to counter those negative thoughts by thinking better ones and the success stories I read here and hear in the rooms of those that didn't give up and finally - even after years, they were able to stop.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are beginning again.....
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So how'd it go? Did you get a sponsor? If you didn't yesterday, that's your first order of business today: Your sobriety has to be your priority! Best to you....
Old 11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

viavi - no i didn't - person was going to ask, didn't hear from. But I did go to a meeting i used to go to and as always - was welcomed back with hellos and hugs and not one comment or anything to make me feel bad for not getting it yet. Amazing group of people in the program
Old 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you went to a meeting, Belle. When you finally get a sponsor and start working the steps, you will be so grateful that you took the plunge and for that one-on-one contact (I call my sponsor everyday, even if I don't hit a meeting that day). Be good to yourself this holiday weekend, and remember to keep it in the day, just for today.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kristin

getting a sponsor is scary for alot of us if we want those promises we must be willing to go t any lengths whic requires us getting out of our comfort zone
Courage is needed
then fait will follow the action
Old 11-23-2010, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

I myself have been feeling down in the dumps lately but I know alcohol and drugs will not fix anything. I know that I'll get through this eventually so there is no way in hell I'm going to give up. I've got 2 kids that need their dad in their lives. Hang in there, I know I'm doing my best too. Glad to hear you went to a meeting. With a solid support group, solid program we can make it.