Notices

Time moving ever so slowly!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zac33 View Post
Managed to make it to day # 4. Depression and anxiety set in pretty hard today. I made a doctors appointment today but can't get in until next week. I contacted the local chapter for AA and asked about meeting locations and times. Plan on attending tomorrow. I feel uncomfortable and ashamed because of what I have done to my life. I hope I can bring myself to go. Thanks all for the encouraging words!
Try to leave some room in all that shame to feel proud of the fact that despite the past now you're doing something about it. You're owning up which is uncomfortable sure but worth it and dignified. Stay solid.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Zac- going to AA helped me, and I'm only on day 4. I felt ASHAMED AS HELL the first time I walked into a meeting, but was made to feel comfortable right off the bat. I couldn't drink my coffee without spilling it because of a mixture of nerves and the shakes. I'm new to these meetings, and am still kind of learning as I go, but the meeting did help in keeping me from grabbing a beer over the past 4 days.

Also, don't hesitate to see a doctor. I toughed it out for 3 days and felt like total sh*t. Saw my Doc yesterday evening, got put on Librium and Niacin, feeling a bit better. FINALLY got more than 1 hour of sleep.

Keep it up Zac. One day, one hour, one minute at a time.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just returned from my AA meeting. Allot of good people there and they couldn't have been more helpful. I received allot of information and support from people who understood what I have been going through. I believe AA will work out just fine for me. I am grateful to SR and all of you who replied to my posts for the support and direction. I truly believe I have a good start to achieving total sobriety. Thank you!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You are doing great zac33.
So glad to hear that U made it to an AA meeting, feels good to know you aren't alone.
Good job, keep us posted, rooting 4 you to succeed.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Welcome Zac - glad you are here.

This is not something that we can do alone. Keep posting on SR and going to AA. It is a good combo.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I love this place.

I had a good life before, family, friends, job and good health. My years of drinking pushed them all away. It's not their fault. They tried to help. It's my fault! I would not accept the fact that my drinking was out of control and I was hurting myself and the people who loved me. I cared only about that next drink! Sitting hear alone with time moving ever so slowly, I now realize yes! I am an Alcoholic! My name is Zack!
You sound just like me. I now have almost 60 days. You can do this. I agree with other posters, if you don't have, you should get support. This site has lots of suggestions on how to get that support. I tried over and over to quit, I couldn't do it alone. Only others like us understand us, I think. You are in a good place here...let the ones that have sober time guide you. In 2 short months they have helped me ALOT.

I am glad you are here and I am praying for you.

The hours will get shorter.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Just returned from my AA meeting. Allot of good people there and they couldn't have been more helpful. I received allot of information and support from people who understood what I have been going through. I believe AA will work out just fine for me. I am grateful to SR and all of you who replied to my posts for the support and direction. I truly believe I have a good start to achieving total sobriety. Thank you!
Glad to see a positive tone. I hope it means things are starting to look brighter to you. Which they should. Happy Thanksgiving friend. I'm rooting for you.