Notices

I Can't Keep Living Like this

Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Can't Keep Living Like this

I am literally shaking like a leaf right now with sharp pains in my right side. The last 2 days was a Vodka binge which has left me physically and mentally very ill. I think I'm dying from my chronic alcoholism and don't believe things will EVER get better.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Anaconda,

Maybe you need to go to the ER. Keep trying...you can get better.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please go to an ER and seek medical help.

And, know that there is always hope!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes....ER time.
hope this will be your final drinking period.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Originally Posted by anaconda22 View Post
... I think I'm dying from my chronic alcoholism and don't believe things will EVER get better.
When is too much of a bad thing good?
When too much suffering causes change.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK, if the mental and physical pain has driven you to be willing to do whatever it takes to stop drinking for good and all, here is what I suggest:

You've got plenty of posts to send a private message. Send me one and I'll send you the contact info for a couple guys in Orland Hills. That might not be super close to your location, but those guys are hooked up enough to know somebody solid close to you.

You get a hold of Don, and tell him that you are done fighting, done trying to do it your way, done with opinions and judgments about what you need, and I promise that he will find someone who can walk you through the process for having a spiritual awakening that will keep you sober and transform your life.

It really is as simple as that.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please do seek medical attention, Anaconda.

D
Old 11-17-2010, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Anaconda,

Yes, things will get better. Do not give up hope because you will see how much better things can get better.

Take the advice posted here, run with it, and you'll see a brighter future.

Keep us posted!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Sorry to hear you're so miserable.. but happy for it if it motivates you to make some changes. Start with the ER. We dont' have another shot at life, which I know sounds so silly, but it's SO true.. I get really scared when I read posts like yours from members here.. a few we've never heard from again. You are in charge of what happens next, please choose life, ana.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Please get to the ER. You'll get plenty of support here after you get some immediate medical attention.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

I am literally shaking like a leaf right now with sharp pains in my right side. The last 2 days was a Vodka binge which has left me physically and mentally very ill. I think I'm dying from my chronic alcoholism and don't believe things will EVER get better.
I thought about responding to you quite a bit, I typed some and deleted it several times. Simply because I thought I may offend you.

So what the heck, Ill take the chance and hope you listen to your body.

The vodka is talking to you, its telling you that its going to get you, its hurting you, its warning you but hoping you dont listen. Sounds like you are not listening because you think things will never get better. The booze is winning so far, trying to get you.

I dont know what it will take for you to stop and fight this, but I will tell you that it will kill you eventually.

If you are shaking and in much pain you are probably inflamed, stop drinking, get to the doctor or hospital to help you with it - dont try and do this on your own, you need professional help.
JJ
Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Get your ass to a doctor RIGHT NOW! Then stop drinking! There is a world of help out there but you have to meet people half way!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'd like to believe otherwise but I think he might be deep in another bottle. It has been 4 hours since his last post.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
High on Life

Sorry to hear that, try to remember exactly how you feel right now, because this too shall pass and then one day you will be confronted with that decision to drink again.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

things will get better once you stop drinking. I urge you to go to the doctor and see about the pain in your side. could be your liver. Please dont ignore this pain. it is your body's way of telling you something is wrong.It may not seem like things will ever get better,but they do in time. But as long as you continue to drink,they certainly wont get better.
Hope you feel better soon
Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

you can't keep dying like this either. this is no life. please go get medical help.

my thoughts are with you.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

You never have to go through this again. Recovery is for everybody regardless of what they believe of think.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

I had exactly what you described almost a year and a half ago. I WENT TO THE ER AND NEVER DRANK AGAIN!

You can do it too
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I just returned from the ER and it turned out I had gastritis due to excessive drinking. I was given the standard fluids and a few days worth of Librium to ease my horrible and I realize now, potentially life threatnening withdrawals. They wanted to keep me there and detox me for 3 days but I don't have insurance & don't want the huge bills. I will take my blood pressure throughout the day & if it gets too high I will return to the ER. I am picking up empty Vodka bottles all over the house. I'm not sure how much I drank but it was a bit too much.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
31/10/10

Anaconda - please get those names from keithj and make sure you can get the free help they offer.

take care Vee