Notices

Day 5

Old 11-16-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Well, I have made to day 5. This is the longest I have gone in probably twenty years and I honestly don't know how I feel today. I just feel kind of numb. I am very irratible and I think kind of sad. I don't know how I was expecting to feel at this point but I was hoping a little better than this. As I sit and reflect I am thinking the sadness is stemming from all of these years of darkness coming to light. The things that I could sweep under the rug with alcohol are now coming into the open. I finally have to be honest with myself about what kind of person I have actually been. All along I thought I was a pretty good guy, but as it turns out I've been nothing but selfish. If you can, say a prayer today, I'm going to need it.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MrX

Hang in there.... with me

COOP I'm right there with you!!!!! Day 6 for me. A new record after 20+ years. hang in there let's get through this together. MrX

Originally Posted by coop1 View Post
Well, I have made to day 5. This is the longest I have gone in probably twenty years and I honestly don't know how I feel today. I just feel kind of numb. I am very irratible and I think kind of sad. I don't know how I was expecting to feel at this point but I was hoping a little better than this. As I sit and reflect I am thinking the sadness is stemming from all of these years of darkness coming to light. The things that I could sweep under the rug with alcohol are now coming into the open. I finally have to be honest with myself about what kind of person I have actually been. All along I thought I was a pretty good guy, but as it turns out I've been nothing but selfish. If you can, say a prayer today, I'm going to need it.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks MrX and congrats on Day 6. I hope to always be one day behind you.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Max......Welcome to SR.....

coop....Glad your de tox went smoothly.

I've been committed to AA for my recovery
it's an awesome adventure ...never boring.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

You got it coop. And congrats, you've made a great start. Don't worry too much it will take your body and mind a little while to get accustomed to sobriety. Remember we spent years in conditioning ourselves in drinking. We have been so accustomed to having it in our system that the new feeling of not having it feels so unfamiliar. It gets so much better though, one day at a time. You'll start to see the miracles happening in your life as make progress through your recovery. Stay up, stay sober and congrats in your progress.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey congratulations coop1 and MrX. Ace job.

Make sure you guys also drop into the Newcomers Daily Support Threads > Members with less than 2 weeks thread. We have a small posse going over there with Iamlivingfree on day 9, myself on day 8 and StuartW on day 7.

We could set up a small sobriety train where everyone is checking up that no carriages get derailed?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Nice job and well done.

We've all been there, day 5, day 6, etc...

This, for me, was when it got really scary. All these thoughts, emotions, regrets, shameful acts all coming into my head and without the alcohol to shut them up, I was a mess... Sober, but a mess.

I'm so thankful I made the decision to use a program of recovery (my choice was AA) b/c I had a face-to-face network of people who knew what to do and I was finally willing to listen. ...and it worked, darn near 11 months sober and I'm starting to like the new sober me.

Keep posting and keep up the good work!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is a great start! Just take it one day at a time and alot of good things will come your way.