Notices

day one....

Old 11-11-2010, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one....

AGAIN.

I've taken off of work for the next two days. I plan on locking the doors and not coming out until Monday morning. I also plan on being on SR for most waking moments. My wife is aware.

can't do this anymore.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hold on! i've been quite strong for the past 2 weeks but i've reached the point where i start obsessing about drinking again... i've literally glued myself to my laptop and check SR every 5 minutes....it helps lol
Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigTex3 View Post
AGAIN.

I've taken off of work for the next two days. I plan on locking the doors and not coming out until Monday morning. I also plan on being on SR for most waking moments. My wife is aware.

can't do this anymore.

it's incredible...the damage we're willing to do to our mind, body, & soul for the sake of poisoning our bodies to oblivion.

it's gonna be hard for a few weeks, make no mistake about that. However, if you stick with sobriety, life can be amazing again.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

best of luck bigtex!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

oh man that sucks I'm sorry to hear it. Let's do something different this time, ok?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
High on Life

Sad to see your back on Day 1, but happy to see you're still trying.

Since you will be home the next couple of days, I think you should look at your other threads review the things you tried and what other people mentioned and do something different.

Every other week you're back on Day 1, I'm not questioning your will to change, but just pointing out that obviously will alone is not enough,you need something more than the pasotoral counseling, moitivation from the family, going to the driving range, reading SR and whatever else you have tried.

I know you're not big into AA, but honestly if you don't do something differently you will never break this cycle you are in. I wish you the best of luck, PM if you need to talk.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks.
yes, this royally sucks that i'm repeating this process.

I know everyone says to try something different, and that's what I'm doing. Heck, I can't do ANYTHING and make much progress, so I'm going to cave-status for a long weekend. I'm trying and trying and trying....

typically I can make it a few days, and then I start feeling good. REAL good. At which point it's obvious that I need to celebrate. with beer. ugh.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

At least you know what to expect, right? You are fully aware now of what will happen to your body and you will know all those thoughts that will cross your mind. I believe in you and I believe 100% that you can summon the strength when the time comes to slow it down and take it one minute at a time if you have to. I also believe that you can remember to play it through and look beyond the bottle.

Alcoholism and esp the risk of relapse is sooooo predictable - it's what we choose to do with it that makes the difference.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's a learning process for us buddy, at least we know better what to expect each time we go back at it. I am optimistic this will be my time for good, this can be yours as well.

Hang in there for those next couple days and it will be all smooth sailing again.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We shall not cease from exploration,
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive from where we started
And know the place for the first time.
—T. S. Eliot

I spend much of my life looking forward to milestones I hoped would mark passage into wisdom a time and place when once and for all i would know all there is to know.

When I am 13, I'll be grown up, we say. When I am 16, 18, 21, drive a car, graduate, marry, write a book, own a house, find a job, or retire; then I'll be grown up.

When I seek complete transformation, mere insight is disappointing. I am always finding I don't know all there is to know - not at thirteen or 35 or 60. I am still growing up.

The baby, the child, the younger person each of us was yesterday is still with us; we continue to love, hate, hurt, grieve, startle, delight, feel.

There is no magic moment of lasting enlightenment; simply a series of fleeting moments lived one at a time each day. They bring us home to who we've always been.

Be gentle on yourself and ask "What small thing have I learned today?"
Build on your foundation of sobriety and know that it does get better and better every day by looking at the small things to be grateful for.

Blessings,
Vinnie
Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope this can be your last time Tex.
Like others have said, it's all about doing something different.

I quit a million times...but I was still living the same old life so it sucked me back in. Inevitable.

I had to think about what else I needed to change, or what I needed to add, in my lfe, besides the not drinking.

Good luck
D
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Don't give up Tex, this day 1 could be the beginning of your new life. Hang in there.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Way to go BigTex! We're here for you...you know you can do it! There's much more of a sober life to look forward to.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Tex, still haven't found that recipe yet huh? Yeah, I've been there. I'm glad you're planning on taking a long weekend for yourself. While you're in cave mode, do some thinking, and maybe come up with some new ideas. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigTex3 View Post
AGAIN.

can't do this anymore.
If you think you will go through withdrawals, then you should talk to a doctor. I am sure you know how deadly alcohol withdrawal can be.

Sorry to hear that you are on day one, again. Been there many times myself!
Old 11-11-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm with ya right now. Thankfully I didn't go all out on a bender & drank for one night. When I detox I do a number of things that help. I take a multi-vitamin, a Bcomplex vitamin, drink plenty of Gatorade/water, watch movies and eat high protein small meals. I have detoxed probably close to 25 times in hospitals and have been told this. Granted I don't know much about recovery and am not a doctor but I am experienced in detoxing. Good luck and stay sober.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wish you well Tex. Staying on SR was a life saver when I detoxed. Keep in mind to get to the Dr. or ER. if you have concerns.

Keep posting. All the best!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'v been at day one a lot of times and its tough but you will start to feel better as you get some time in. im not the best at this but iv been sober for 10 days and i can't believe how much better i feel. my hands no longer sweat profusely either, my brain seems to be working now. I still think about drinking a lot but i just dont drink. just take it day by day. my withdrawals were for the first couple of day but just put in your head its temporary, dont give in and drink.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

day two.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........this feels good. Barely slept a wink, but who cares? I woke up sober, not grumpy, not red-eyed. I'll take that any day.

i'm getting lots of hugs from my wife and her support has been great. So huge cravings yet, but I know they will come. It's like clockwork - from 3 to 7pm I'm a mess. From there, I'm normally ok.

I went and bought myself a PS3, which seemed childish, but I did enjoy playing football games on it last night during those hard hours.

anyway, thanks for the support. On to day 3.

B>
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

PS3 - that's great! You need to do something different and that sounds good to me! Keep it up BigTex!