Notices

Back to detox I go...

Old 11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to detox I go...

Well, as some of you may have read, I had 66 days of sobriety. I drank, and of course I worked myself back up to a physical dependence, so now I am in need of medical detox, once again. So after a 10 day bender, I'm giving in, and going back. I'm hopeful to take another shot at sobriety, I will be more open to AA this time around. I'm happy that I was able to buckle down, and get the process started relatively early. Instead of going on a 6 month trip, where I would have surely blown all my money, got in trouble, and burned every last bridge. It seems different this time around though. My body is acting much differently. Previously I was able to abuse the heck of my body, and not feel too much. Now, in just over a week, I feel very ill. I wont get into the medical stuff, I know the rules.

I'm due in at 9am tomorrow morning, maybe I'll actually go to some of the groups this time, instead of sleeping for 4 days, like last time haha.

-Save
Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're on the right track SOS. Keep cracking away at it at you'll get there.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good call I think
Good luck Save - we'll keep you a seat here

D
Old 11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All the best SOS and yeah work it this time.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best as you make a freaah start....
Old 11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
skg

contact me if I stick in your head.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best of Luck! Please keep us posted.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm going to the same place I went to before, no internet access, and you can only make phone calls in the counselors office. I'll have to get back to everyone when I come home. They also have an in house generic rehab, for 21 days, free. Hopefully I'll land a double score and be able to get that too. I was supposed to get it the first time around, but there was some issue that prevented me from having a bed there. I'm not really sure what living in a sober house, and going to half as**ed meetings will help me to gain, but I can see that guaranteeing myself 25-27 days of sobriety, before I set foot in the free world again could help. We Shall see what happens. God only knows I can't afford the $1,000 USD daily cost of uninsured rehab treatment around here.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sally1009

Best of British Luck! It's very brave to go to rehab and your natural honesty gives you a really good chance of succeeding.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, I'm getting ready to leave. I had a thought, as I had said in a previous post, I believe that anyone in a currently suffering addicts state, or recovered state, i think has a responsiblity to try and help. For all the help I have received here, I think its time I gave something back, and shared the little wisdom I have gained. I think there are many people that come here as "guests" never post, never share, all that stuff. If your reading this, the one thing I learned is that is all or nothing, and you have to keep trying. I sat around for a few years knowing I needed help, although actually getting it did have its challenges, I made it happen. If your suffering, don't give up! Keep trying, it's the only way! You need to give yourself atleast a fighting chance to recover!

A sincere thank you to everyone that has helped me learn more about this disease, and the recovery process, I am truly grateful to have stumbled upon this site. I'll be back soon!

-Save
Old 11-04-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by savexourxship View Post
I'm not really sure what living in a sober house, and going to half as**ed meetings will help me to gain, but I can see that guaranteeing myself 25-27 days of sobriety, before I set foot in the free world again could help. We Shall see what happens. God only knows I can't afford the $1,000 USD daily cost of uninsured rehab treatment around here.
You just dont get it do you? Sobriety isnt something that can be bought or forced. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Sober houses and "those Meetings" are only there to show you the way. I said it before so here it goes again.

Sobriety isnt for those that need it, want it, or deserve it. Its for those that are willing to do whatever it takes to get sober. Good luck my friend.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I always enjoyed detox in a hospital. The reason being is that I made sure they had the right amount of benzos to detox. I would frequently have to ask for more because my withdrawals were so severe. I didn't like the 28 day inpatient treatments because I had to do stuff all day long. If was like I had to do something from 7AM until 10PM at night. The only reason I stayed at those was because of the courts.