Notices

A 21 year old "pretty girl"'s story

Old 11-08-2010, 05:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

oh and quick share - this weekend I had to witness my boyfriend drunk, not that I haven't before, just this time I was stone cold sober...And for once in my life I realized how bad, how ugly drunkenness looks. It changes one's face, not only behavior. I cannot believe I've been walking through life with a similar face for years!
Also I realized drunk people are a lot like babies - they scream and stumble like there's no tomorrow haha!
I used to be scared to death of sobriety, mainly due to the panic attacks that often come with it ...But now I'm more scared of drinking, I swear liquor stores and pubs make me shiver! lol
Old 11-08-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey art! Just from my experience...if you were to keep drinking it would eventually start causing panic attacks. For the past 3 or 4 years I had terrible panic attacks (couldn't get out of bed they were so bad) I haven't had one in 4 months now:-)

Although considering how this morning is going maybe I should have stayed in bed...lol
Old 11-08-2010, 06:46 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

oh I've had panic attacks for years, I was even treated for panic disorder... Unfortunately, the drugs I was prescribed with did not do me justice when I started mixing them with alcohol lol
I used to be terrified of everything. I was afraid of being alone, afraid of being in a crowd, damn it, I was afraid of being in cars/buses/trains due to a self-inflicted claustrophobia... and at the same time, I was afraid of walking on the sidewalk in case a "higher power" forced me to jump in front of the traffic! I thought I must be developing schizophrenia since my mother suffers from it... My head was full of nothing but thoughts of impending doom, everything seemed like a death threat to me... I would develop fixations and phobias over night. Every day I would wake up with a new thing to fear...A new thing to *avoid*.
I don't remember whether I started drinking heavily because I developed panic attacks or I developed panic attacks because I started drinking heavily lol
Fortunately, I've improved greatly. Nowadays, the only thing I still fear is the subway haha. Sometimes I'm in a hurry and no cab can take me where I wanna go faster than the god damn subway... but still I'd rather be late than go on that thing. I'd rather go bungee jumping than use it.
Some people are afraid of spiders, I hyperventilate at the thought of traveling underground.