Notices

Do I need all that stuff?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Do I need all that stuff?

As I have mentioned, I have a POD outside my house with everything in it except what I need to live on a daily basis. This freaking POD has been out there for 4 months now and it's packed FULL.

What in the heck is in there that I NEED? I have gotten by for 4 months without all of that stuff, so what I have decided to do is just give it all away. I don't have the energy to have a sale, so I am going to unload most of it and stick a "free" sign on it.

I feel better already - I have been stressing about what to do with the stuff for a long time and now that I know I can live without it - away it goes.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Nacona,
Maybe you could put it in my storage unit with all the stuff I don't need! Ha Ha Ha
Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hahaha - good one Holly!!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good for you

I know from experience that in early recovery making decisions can be hard, as time goes on you'll see it gets easier.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been sitting on this site for several hours this morning creating threads, responding to threads and checking to see if anyone has responded to mine and blah blah blah.... I KNOW it's because I just don't want to get started on the whole POD deal.....Lordy - I suffer from sloth. It's my new disease. I wonder if it will be recognized by the AMA anytime soon.

I keep giving myself to the hour to get busy. I gave myself until 8:00am then 9, 10, 11 and now noon. I have 15 minutes before it's noon - haha...so if you see me here, tell me to GET BUSY!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nacona View Post
I have been sitting on this site for several hours this morning creating threads, responding to threads and checking to see if anyone has responded to mine and blah blah blah.... I KNOW it's because I just don't want to get started on the whole POD deal.....Lordy - I suffer from sloth. It's my new disease. I wonder if it will be recognized by the AMA anytime soon.

I keep giving myself to the hour to get busy. I gave myself until 8:00am then 9, 10, 11 and now noon. I have 15 minutes before noon - haha
I have the same problem sometimes........but then I think to myself
The time I put in thinking about doing something it could have been done by now so I try not to think too much about doing I try just doing it?

then I can relax
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nacona, I am going to a mtg now but wanted to tell you. There is a night club in Dublin called "The POD".
It stands for, Place Of Dance, does this help at all?
Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So...I'm off to dance in my pod (well, on and around it since it's still full.) Have a good meetng!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow in my neighborhood you would have been fined long ago for having a POD outside for more than a week. You're right if you haven't needed the stuff in 4 mths time to just dump it, I find letting go of physical things actually helps me let go of all the emotional cr*p as well.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I live in a SMALL mountain town and way off the main roads, so I went undetected for a very long time. My intentions were to get it done quickly, but I was drinking and using, so my plans took a back seat.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I recently un loaded a lot of junk....man did I feel better...like a whole new person!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I was stuck with an extra bedroom set for a year--jammed into my spare bedroom with the regular furniture. It was still in good shape and I'd been trying to sell it on Craig's List.

One night at a meeting, one of our group shared that the day before he'd been the victim of an arson--they lost EVERYTHING and had no insurance.

Guess what they needed when they moved into a new apartment. I got rid of a BUNCH of odds and ends, too, and helped somebody in the process.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Your POD

will my husband fit in there.......trying to liquidate over here too....LOLOL
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by discoveringme View Post
will my husband fit in there.......trying to liquidate over here too....LOLOL
Haha - I'll make room. Send him over.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The POD is empty and is ready to be picked up on Tuesday. I have already set a bunch of stuff out to give away and most of it is gone. I feel "lighter" already.

The wood and carpet will be put down on Friday and Saturday and then I will be ready for winter.....I can't wait to sit in front of the fire with a cup of tea, my laptop or a good book and enjoy life clean and sober.

I am usually drunk and can't enjoy evenings by the fire and too hungover the next day to enjoy the snow.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good for you Nacona!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Don't you feel lighter now? I love decluttering!